12" Guts figure

Eternal_D

I bought mine from HLJ. Its discontinued on there now. It should be here soon. Normally I don't go nuts for toys but I had to have this one. Art of War puts out some killer stuff just really expensive.

http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/

The God Hand statues look great but they are nearly 30,000 yen. Hopefully a PVC version will become availible

Edited by dejr8bud

The 12" Guts Black Swordsman figure is by Dragon Models.

All the Universal Model Limited (UML) shops in HK have this figure in stock, as UML is the retail arm of Dragon Models.

Anyway, IIRC it's selling for the insane price of HK$1,300 (US$167), which is way too much IMO for a 12" action figure.

Here's the link to the relevant page of the Dragon Models website.

Graham

Question for those in the know - It has to do with the price level of such 12" figures like Guts, the Medicom Rocketeer, Dragon/Yamato Kerberos Panzer Cop and etc.

Why are they so expensive?

Has it got to do with the scupltors' fee, Mold fee, the licensing price, limited numbers, detailing and gimmickry? Or all?

It's because I've been a transforming robot toy collector mostly, and maybe I've assumed that this toy genre is one of the most expensive of all, as oppose to something like high quality 12" figures.

I want to have the 12" Guts. But I would like to have an understanding before I greenlight myself to do it. :p There is also the SOC Zanbot 3 to consider, on top of the other Macross toys I'm going to buy. :(

Why are they so expensive?

Has it got to do with the scupltors' fee, Mold fee, the licensing price, limited numbers, detailing and gimmickry? Or all?

I got mine the other day.

Here's one reason why its probably so expensive. The assembly. I'll take a guess this was done by hand.

Also each piece on him is an individual piece. The armor is all seperate pieces. They are attached with straps with buckles. There are no molded on pieces on him like say an action figure. He has pleather(fake leather) pants, straps and his crossbow pouch etc.

Plus he has real metal chains and his metal arm is metal. Put together with screws and springs. Also come with an extra head and crossbow. He's pretty well balanced even with his sword.

I'll take some close up pics when I have a chance.

Was he too much? Ya but I came into some extra money and Guts is one the few male characters I really like. Plus I'm sick of Macross stuff lol.

Edited by dejr8bud

nice looking figure. Only thing that bothers me is his arms. Man they look incomplete. Like they didn't finish the figure. And for 200 bucks you'd expect the arms to be more detailed. Oh well, overall it looks nice. :p:D:lol:

nice looking figure. Only thing that bothers me is his arms. Man they look incomplete. Like they didn't finish the figure. And for 200 bucks you'd expect the arms to be more detailed. Oh well, overall it looks nice. :p:D:lol:

Ya thats probably my only complaint about it. The arms could use some more details(i.e. muscles) lol

ewwww SEE! look at them girlie arms. as much as I wanted the figure when I first saw it, and when I remembered it when I started this thread. I'm going to spend my money elsewhere....or rather, that money's already been spent elsewhere. :D

but still def one of the cooler 12" figs out there...thx for the pix

Edited by Eternal_D

Thanks for the pics dejr8bud.

How are the seperate pieces of the armor holding up? Are they snug?

The leg armor is snug since it fits over the pants. Same goes for the foot armor that fits over the boots. Torso armor is tight. The shoulder armor is a little loose but you can tighten them up a bit by pulling(gently) the strap through the buckle. But they loosen up when you move the arms again. Since(I think) these were attached by hand, results could vary on how tight they when you first open the box.

Thanks again dejr8bud! It's set then, cuz I too, like Guts' character that much LOL! I'll get one (hopefully the bloodied version). It's because without them, I feel the action figure is a bit empty.

Btw, do you (or anyone here) have the regular Yamato 7" Guts Black Swordsman, and it's Millenium Falcon variant? I know the figures' poseability is very limited (I have the Black Swordsman w/ the backdrop version) but the sculpt is very nice! And it's slightly better than the 12" sculpt IMO. Just wondering cuz no one here talks about them.

Thanks again dejr8bud! It's set then, cuz I too, like Guts' character that much LOL! I'll get one (hopefully the bloodied version). It's because without them, I feel the action figure is a bit empty.

Btw, do you (or anyone here) have the regular Yamato 7" Guts Black Swordsman, and it's Millenium Falcon variant? I know the figures' poseability is very limited (I have the Black Swordsman w/ the backdrop version) but the sculpt is very nice! And it's slightly better than the 12" sculpt IMO. Just wondering cuz no one here talks about them.

Ya I have all four of the Blackswordsmen figures. The original(without the back drop piece), Millenium Falcon version and the 2 2nd edtion versions. Plus the Guts Hawks Soldier(red cape without back drop piece) plus the 2 newly released Guts figures. And the mini figures...I think I have a Guts fetish lol

I thought the sculpt on the action figures were slighty better than the 12 inch mainly due to the lack of details in those girlie arms. But the 12 inch has real material. Not just molded on plastic like an action figure.

Also I have Zodd human form and Griffith, Caska action figures. The two Behilt(sp?)pendants. My Skeleton Knight and Femto figures are on the way. lol

Is there a bloody version of the 12 inch figure? I know that art-of-war likes to add blood to their action figures on their website even though the final product doesn't have it.

Yup, you do have a Guts fetish. :D For now, I only have the Black Swordsman with the backdrop, the green cape Hawks soldier version and both Caska and Griffith. I didn't get the newer versions of the adolescent Guts figures cuz I think the sculpts are not very nice. Maybe I just like the anime renditions more than the manga's take on the his character design.

Oh yeah, there is a bloodied version indeed. Here are the pics...

post-26-1076704964_thumb.jpg