Sony Wena Wrist x Shoji Kawamori

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but only found out today that Kawamori designed a watch for Sony a few years ago.

https://shojikawamori.jp/en/works/wena-wrist-2020/

I'm actually more intrigued by the promotional video, which has another aircraft specially designed for the watch. The jet really looks like an amalgam of his other works, but I thought the most prominent feature is the rear stabiliser that looks very similar to the Thunderbird Shadow, which he also designed.

Here's the video (weird there's no audio, but perhaps its due to song copyrights):

11 minutes ago, MKT said:

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but only found out today that Kawamori designed a watch for Sony a few years ago.

https://shojikawamori.jp/en/works/wena-wrist-2020/

I'm actually more intrigued by the promotional video, which has another aircraft specially designed for the watch. The jet really looks like an amalgam of his other works, but I thought the most prominent feature is the rear stabiliser that looks very similar to the Thunderbird Shadow, which he also designed.

Here's the video (weird there's no audio, but perhaps its due to song copyrights):

Needs a transformation gimmick accompanied with background music of Fly up in the air.  Great video! 🤩

4 hours ago, Bolt said:

That's very cool. Interesting aircraft design.

Looks to be inspired by the F-16. 

Kawamori has totally embraced the Isamu Dyson YF-19 pantomime. I wonder if he has that trademarked? :)

1 hour ago, M'Kyuun said:

Kawamori has totally embraced the Isamu Dyson YF-19 pantomime. I wonder if he has that trademarked? :)

I noticed. It's definitely become a Kawamori thing , now.

14 hours ago, Bolt said:

I noticed. It's definitely become a Kawamori thing , now.

He was recently, and may even still be, doing the tourist thing in California, posting pics on Instagram. In pretty much every pic, he's throwing up the Dyson YF-19 hand sign. Next thing you know, he'll be wearing a life-sized pendant made from a cast of his own hand doing the -19, carry an inkpad in his pocket, and use the pendant to sign autographs, and well, anything requiring his signature. It'll be his Prince move. 😁