what kind of mech?

tank

The Knight of Gold Lachesis, from Five Star Stories.

As for the Wave plastic Knight of Gold kits, I'd recommend staying away from them. Some serious flaws around the ankle.

Edited by Alpha Omega

Was the Mirage based on that unit? I just noticed the legs look a lot like the Mirage's legs.

The KOG is part of the Mirage series... makes sense, since they were all designed by Amaterasu himself.

Some useless Mirage trivia:

Junchoon is also a Mirage (it uses the Mirage series generator, and Amaterasu rebuilt it as Junchoon ODK).

The Mirage design was inspired in part by the Bang Doll.

KOG (Knight of Gold) is actually a series in and of itself, spawning many subtypes.

Edited by Akilae

KOG (Knight of Gold) is actually a series in and of itself, spawning many subtypes.

That is true. I remember reading that the Schpeltor (Knight of Chrome) is also known as the KOG I, and the Auge is known as the KOG II. So the Lachisis would be the III and the AT would be IV.

The one you're asking about is the Lachesis. Here's the AT (1/72 G-Sys)

post-26-1075822391_thumb.jpg

Edited by VF-17

Also in case you're wondering, Mamoru Nagano, the creator of Five Star Stories - while superbly talented - may just be nuttier than an explosion in a peanut butter factory. :lol:

He also did some designs for Gundam Zeta ( including, I think, the bizarre Bound-Doc ), Heavy Metal L-Gaim, Brain Powerd, and if I remember correctly, has a background in fashion design, which may well explain a lot!

the bound doc is a Makoto Kobayashi design, but you're right that Nagano was one of the mecha designers for Zeta. Zeta ended up having quite a few people doing mecha design (i've counted at least seven so far), generally each design was worked on by two designers, one will be credited for the orignal design, and then another for "cleanup", usually Fujita or Okawara.

the Hyaku Shiki is a Nagano design, and is possibly the inspiration for the KOG. Nagano is also credited with the Rick Dias, Galbaldy Beta, Hambrabi, Quebley, and one of the three initial designs for the Gundam MkII. Nagano also designed several of the ships used in the show.

Edited by motley

Nagano not only designed all the mecha on L-Gaim, but designed the characters and wrote that series too...in many ways L-Gaim served as both much of the inspiration and as a vehical for much of the story concepts behind Five Star Stories...and many of the FSS mecha are pretty clearly redesigns and reworkings of those in L-Gaim (at least in terms of how they look)...L-Gaim (from 1984, a year before Zeta Gundam) is sorta considered a trial run or rehersal for what eventualy becomes Five Star Stories...don't get me wrong, thier are some big differences between the two, but thier are some big simularities too...which is cool as one can see how Nagano has evolved his design style and storytelling abilities over the years.

the Hyaku Shiki is a Nagano design, and is possibly the inspiration for the KOG.

Possably...but also have a look at the L-Gaim D-Seerd ( http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BAN01518 ) a "good guy" mecha from L-Gaim which could be the source of inspiration both for the Hyaku Shiki and KOG...course the L-Gaim Bat-Shu became the FSS Vatshu (the black knight)...and the LED Mirage line has ties to the L-Gaim Calvary Temple among many others from L-Gaim that "show up" in FSS :D

Also in case you're wondering, Mamoru Nagano, the creator of Five Star Stories did some designs for Gundam Zeta ( including, I think, the bizarre Bound-Doc ), Heavy Metal L-Gaim, Brain Powerd, and if I remember correctly, has a background in fashion design, which may well explain a lot!

Nagano also did a proposed design for the ZZ Gundam; I have pics of the model version of his design...lets just say I'm glad they went with Mike Akitaka's version.

The Gabaldy from Z screams Nagano, especially the feet, and the Qubeley was a great addition to Z. A lot of people do not like the Qubeley design because they complain the curvy, non-detailed design looks out of place, but it made the story more interesting to me, instead of just having a ton of mechs that all looked the same whackin on each other.

Possably...but also have a look at the L-Gaim D-Seerd ( http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BAN01518 ) a "good guy" mecha from L-Gaim which could be the source of inspiration both for the Hyaku Shiki and KOG...course the L-Gaim Bat-Shu became the FSS Vatshu (the black knight)...and the LED Mirage line has ties to the L-Gaim Calvary Temple among many others from L-Gaim that "show up" in FSS :D

The main "good guy" mech for L-Gaim here was also further redesigned and refined into the "good guy" mech for FSS, Junchoon ODK.

One of the most interesting things to do in FSS: look for L-Gaim easter eggs. There are a ton, right down to details in the mech design. It's good exercise, and Nagano is VERY detail oriented. Which is probably why it's going to take forever for him to finish FSS...

The thing about Gundam designs... they're all straight lines, and downright blocky. Nagano's figure more curves, and are oftentimes more elegant.