Acrylic Risers for Macross Toys

Sandman

I wasn't sure where to post this so hopefully this is ok. I'm looking to get some risers for my display cases. I just wanted to get some feedback. Are most risers OK for Macross toys? Do I have to worry about certain risers that may damage or discolor the toy? On the other hand are there risers that work best for Macross toys? I imagine most are ok but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks in advance.

On 9/8/2023 at 4:26 AM, Sandman said:

I wasn't sure where to post this so hopefully this is ok. I'm looking to get some risers for my display cases. I just wanted to get some feedback. Are most risers OK for Macross toys? Do I have to worry about certain risers that may damage or discolor the toy? On the other hand are there risers that work best for Macross toys? I imagine most are ok but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks in advance.

I’ve been using acrylic risers for years on the toys. The toys either stand or lean on them, and so far there have been no issues of them reacting in anyway to the toys.

On contrary, it’s the older PVC figures that weep substance, & leave small puddles of gooey mess on the risers instead lol.

On 9/7/2023 at 4:44 PM, Slave IV said:

These are nice if you can still get them anywhere:

Marcross-Arcadia-Yamato-Dx-Transparent-Base-Support-Holder-Stand-For-60-Series-VF-1-19-25-1.jpg_q50.jpg

Yeah i actually bought these a while back. There was some concern about the contact points scratching the toy. I cut out the excess material from the sticky feet pad to stick on the contact pads. It's seems to work find other than the these stands being a bit tippy.

On 9/10/2023 at 1:39 PM, Sandman said:

Yeah i actually bought these a while back. There was some concern about the contact points scratching the toy. I cut out the excess material from the sticky feet pad to stick on the contact pads. It's seems to work find other than the these stands being a bit tippy.

Yeah, they aren't the best and looks boring if you have more than 2-3 of them on the same shelf but just another good option in the variety of ways to display the sea of valks in most of our collections.😆