Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1 Battroid OOB build

kyu84

Anyone here has an OOB build pic of Hasegawa's VF-1 Battroid? It would be appreciated because i wanna see how the kit looks with only the waterslides decals applied on and without any further modifications like painting, seamline removal, etc. Thanks.

*box art design incase anyone needs it 

71RXMUGZNqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Your request is not a common build,  around these parts. Most of the model builders that dwell around here wouldn't add water slides without a lot of finishing beforehand. Best of luck to you though, maybe someone has an example off google for ya. 

41 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Your request is not a common build,  around these parts. Most of the model builders that dwell around here wouldn't add water slides without a lot of finishing beforehand. Best of luck to you though, maybe someone has an example off google for ya. 

Yeah i know it's a pretty specific request, asked because i'm not pretty skilled when it comes to traditional cement+paint kits (spoiled by bandai's engineering). Though i did find some pictures of the kit pre-assembled before being painted, so at least i have an idea of what it looks like without the decals. Thanks for answering though, cheers.

2 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Isn't it mostly moulded in white? I don't recall if things like the feet or gunpod are moulded in color. And decals wouldn't cover those.

Yeah, everything is molded in white except for the gromits - and an extra chest piece in bright orange...

On 6/28/2023 at 6:36 AM, kyu84 said:

Anyone here has an OOB build pic of Hasegawa's VF-1 Battroid? It would be appreciated because i wanna see how the kit looks with only the waterslides decals applied on and without any further modifications like painting, seamline removal, etc. Thanks.

*box art design incase anyone needs it 

71RXMUGZNqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

If you’re not planning on painting a kit and you haven’t already bought this one, then you may want to wait for the Max Factory one. 
This one definitely needs some paint. At least all the parts that need to be white are white from what I remember. And even if you don’t want to get rid of the seams, use some cement since some parts are very loose fit

• 3 weeks later...

It's a traditional kit, requires paint and quite a bit of seam cleaning. Great build when it was released 20 years ago, but as others said, all white plastic bar obviously the canopy, the rubber caps, the red for the chest and other small transparent clear details.

This is what you can expect inside (This is the 1A version)

[Close] VF-1A Super Battroid Valkyrie (Plastic model) Contents2