Model kits at Wally World

Thom

Not a big Walmart fan, but I go in periodically. There is one in my town. There is one in every town. But over the last few years, around Christmas, I have been hearing about small, pallet-sized displays dropped off at some Walmarts with model kits. Mostly cars, but have had a side dedicated to Star Trek. Well, after hearing about a new display of this on SSM, I finally I have found it at my Wally World! Bought a couple of kits, 1/1000 NX-01 Refit and Reliant for about $20 each. There were also some Enterprise kits, both TMP and Disco versions, and the 1/1000 Grissom/BoP. Ig they are still there next week, I'll see about getting another Grissom kit and Refit Enterprise, though those were about $25 each.

Just FYI.

Thom

Edited by Thom

1 hour ago, Thom said:

Not a big Walmart fan, but I go in periodically. There is one in my town. There is one in every town. But over the last few years, around Christmas, I have been hearing about small, pallet-sized displays dropped off at some Walmarts with model kits. Mostly cars, but have had a side dedicated to Star Trek. Well, after hearing about a new display of this on SSM, I finally I have found it at my Wally World! Bought a couple of kits, 1/1000 NX-01 Refit and Reliant for about $20 each. There were also some Enterprise kits, both TMP and Disco versions, and the 1/1000 Grissom/BoP. Ig they are still there next week, I'll see about getting another Grissom kit and Refit Enterprise, though those were about $25 each.

Just FYI.

Thom

Sadly, I have yet to see them at my local Walmart.

I would love to see those back in stores, the prices on Amazon started around there, but have steadily climbed until they're really asking a lot for those little kits.

The Grissom/BoP duo especially feels like about $10 worth of plastic, tops.  Not to knock the quality of the kit, because it's fine, they're just itty bitty ships.