annoying

are we an auction site?

why, in the "for sale" forum, are people not inputting the prices of the things they are selling?

"make me an offer" teh ghey, its for sale, not for auction.

part of going into the for sale section is to buy things, not to "silently bid" as some members ask us to do.

rant mode off

does this bother anyone else?

I can't say this is a burning issue for me.

I suppose if someone clearly intended to solicit multiple offers, post the top offer, and solicit counteroffers, it would an auction and should go in the auction section. But I don't know if MW really wants to have people actively running auctions through it.

Anything else is a gray area. "For sale" just means you want cash, not trade. It could work out to be sort of an auction if you say "or best offer" or "make me an offer" in your listing, but the assumption should be (and probably is) that the item will be sold once an acceptable offer is made. Obviously, if you get two offers within a short time of each other, you can pick the higher one.

I would say that if you make an offer to someone, and they accept but later renege on the grounds that they've gotten a higher offer--even if no money has changed hands--it would be worth posting to the blacklist forum.

As much as I would like to see some prices on the things on there I can understand why people don't put their prices up. I appreciate the sellers that post their stuff here for a week before putting it on eBay and gives us a chance at it before the rest of the world. What I can't stand is people that put up their auctions in the For Sale section.

The people here know it's a fairly unmoderated section, meaning no rules or guarantees from the site itself. (Or they better know before doing business).

People seem to be afraid to throw out a number. When I was trying to sell my 1/55 Millia I got tons of PMs from people wanting it. I told them all to just make me an offer that they thought was fair, and only ONE person made an offer - Sephiroth, the guy I bought it from in the first place.

i remember you millia, max. i remember being afraid to insult you by offering too little.

so even if you are willing to accept offers, you should say, at least blah, and throw out a base.

i dunno, it appears i'm the only one who was bothered by it, but i figured i'd get it off my chest.

when you say throw out an offer and someone says, i'll give you a dawlah twenty five pahl, you cant get insulted if thats how you structured it i guess.

what prompted this was one post where the guy had a million things and no prices.

There's nothing wrong with not posting prices, but in the end, I think it just makes more posts and PMs taking up space on the board.

Particularly when selling something common, like newer toys (reissues 1/55's, 1/60's, etc...), I don't think that it particularly helps in getting a quick sale. If you're selling an older rarity or a custom, it's understandable. Some guy selling a Hikaru 1A 1/60 and saying "PM me with an offer" is likely to be disappointed with the results of his "big auction."

Then the seller usually gets exasperated and starts adding BUMPs to his post every 20 minutes and finally posts some prices or goes to eBay, so he can be further disappointed.

Sellers, use your common sense. If you want to sell something here, the best way is to post prices and pictures of the item(s) in question.