When planning furture buying

FlyingPika

uf yamato let graham out of his cage of silence i can guarantee you a LOT of us would shut up and stop bitching...sure a lot of us including me woulsd probably bitch but thats a given....i think a lot of us would be praising a lot more than bitching. true enough it is annoying not getting the info like we USED to do. And as one menmber pointed out peolpe disregard the main page an news now that most of the stuff in the forums. Doesnt everyone miss the golden age when we had the news in the front and discussed in the forums?

uf yamato let graham out of his cage of silence i can guarantee you a LOT of us would shut up and stop bitching...sure a lot of us including me woulsd probably bitch but thats a given....i think a lot of us would be praising a lot more than bitching.  true enough it is annoying not getting the info like we USED to do. And as one menmber pointed out peolpe disregard the main page an news now that most of the stuff in the forums.  Doesnt everyone miss the golden age when we had the news in the front and discussed in the forums?

I agree 100%

I normally praise, in fact watch this:

Yamato 1:60 rule, they're all die-cast loaded and little. All you people who don't like Yamato 1:60 can SUCK IT!

Yamato 1:48 rule! they're huge and articulate and poseable and transform better than the real thing. personally, I think the battaloid mode of the 1:48 looks BETTER than the line art. All you people who don't like Yamato 1:48 can SUCK IT!

Ban-Dai re-issues rule! you get this moumental toy with die cast, a good heft, and a great transformation. Chunkey Monkeys represent all that I love in a toy. And the re-issues are NEW and PERFECT, with plasticy oils still present when you open up the box (which you have no problem doing, it's not like the re-issue cast $500+ or so) and all the details are printed on the valk! HOW COOL IS THAT?! (correct answer: incredibly cool) All you people who don't like Ban-Dai 1:55 re-issues (or vintage, for that matter) can SUCK IT!

Banprestos rule, they're better than a 1:100 VF-0S, and they cost less than half as much

Toynami veritechs... can SUCK IT! (I can only praise so much)

See how positive I can be? :D

I want to start being positive... Graham, PM me all you know :ph34r:

Edited by DrClay

By the read of Grahams post it seems that he does still know stuff. But you know what? WTF DOES IT MATTER TO ME IF GRAHAM KNOWS SOMETING THAT HE WON'T TELL!!! What's the point? to make me feel inferior? I come to this site and type out all my ignorance so that those who know can chuckle to themselves about how much more they know than me?  maybe you're right though, and Graham doesn't know anything until he reads it in Degenki Hobby... but then he's just comming to this site to pretend that he knows more than us? WTF?! :angry:

I assume you don´t really know Graham , right ?

I think you´ve taken this the wrong way , he´s in no way trying to make you feel inferior , in fact he hardly posts anything in these boards nowadays , I don´t know how could he piss you off so much if he barely speaks a word.

We have to understand though , that it ain´t Graham´s fault that he can´t unveil some news earlier , if Yamato won´t let him , what can he do ? I personally think Yamato is just playing dirty tricks on Graham , on one side they give him all the scoops but in the other hand those scoops are of no use when he practically can´t unveil them.

One thing is true though , we should relly so much on Graham´s scoops now that Yamato is so paranoid about news leaking out. now it´s just Graham´s business alone , we should really be paying attention to Degenki or something like that.

I´m not trying critisize Graham at all , in fact I think he´s the main victim here , but since his lips are sealed with super-glue and there are Yamato henchmen pointing guns to his head right now making him unable to reveal good stuff as in the old days I think we should just stop pressuring him about news and just concentrate on the Hobby mags like the other %99 of the consumers do.

Edited by Aegis!

...but since his lips are sealed with super-glue and there are Yamato henchmen pointing guns to his head right now making him unable to reveal good stuff as in the old days I think we should just stop pressuring him about news and just concentrate on the Hobby mags like the other %99 of the consumers do.

Well put. God forbid Graham and Shawn's efforts start being taken for granted. We do have this great site to go to, after all.

For what it is worth, we should be grateful to Graham for these updates. I can certainly understand that Yamato doesnt want to let the public (us) know about the upcoming toys possibly due to hype. I for one knows. I was waiting anixously for my Toynami Rick VF-1J MPC. Delays came as fustration mounted and then when I got it, what a @#$%ing disappointment. And guess what I bought more of them because I had no other valks other than the 1/60 DRYL. I didnt know Yamato was going to make a 1/48 or the TV versions 1/60. Good thing I sold my extras... I digress. If people were let down, Yamato's name becomes mud.

One side, I do not want to be let down. On the other side, I am anxious to see what Yamato have in store for us. Their QA is not the best at times but let me say this: YAMATO is much better than the rest out there.. I think a wait and see attitude is in order. Sure I would like to plan on my budget but I think I budgeted my toys correctly (or so I hope! ;) ) Then again, I can always shrink the technology budget. :blink:

i am gratefu,l for the news..as a matter of fact al of us are. BUt I think we can all vcertainly agree that we do miss the USUAL updates. LIke someone else said the hikaru 1S and others succh as the elint seeker went by and showed up relatively out of nowhere. same thing with max nad milia the first time i heard was when hlj posted preorders. I remember how graham used to tell us about upcoming products long before they hit shelves...like how the VF11B was fast pack delayed because of some tooling mishaps. See stuff like that dont hurt to know.

By the read of Grahams post it seems that he does still know stuff. But you know what? WTF DOES IT MATTER TO ME IF GRAHAM KNOWS SOMETING THAT HE WON'T TELL!!! What's the point? to make me feel inferior? I come to this site and type out all my ignorance so that those who know can chuckle to themselves about how much more they know than me? maybe you're right though, and Graham doesn't know anything until he reads it in Degenki Hobby... but then he's just comming to this site to pretend that he knows more than us? WTF?! :angry:

Ugh unbeliveable. You're really something.... if I was Graham I'd say to hell with MW. Especially with this current crop ungrateful whiny SOBs. He doesn't need this crap.

Right now my Yamato purchases are just the 1/60 Q-rau & YF-19 FP. After that is wait & see. The VF-0 has me mildy interested. Scale and material isn't a problem with me.

Ugh unbeliveable. You're really something.... if I was Graham I'd say to hell with MW. Especially with this current crop ungrateful whiny SOBs. He doesn't need this crap.

Damn, you read my mind (again). I need to work on my tinfoil hat. But yeah, I agree %1000.

As do I. Why they hell is anyone giving Graham crap when YAMATO keeps telling him to keep quiet. DrClay If you want to whine about it send them an e-mail

Edited for clarification

Edited by Dampiel

you're ALL right. I shouldn't express opinions. I mean, what if someone reads them? Of course, it's perfectly alright for everyone else here to state their opinion about how much I suck. I'M the only one who shouldn't be allowed to post.

drama queen. <_<

that's right, I was, but now I see the light, I should express the same emotion as the rest of you on all subjects from now on. I mean, what was I thinking? being disappointed? no macrossworlder has got time for that! Once again, thank you I'll have to remember that I am lame AND a drama queen. Bless you for pointing this out to me.

drama queen.  <_<

that's right, I was, but now I see the light, I should express the same emotion as the rest of you on all subjects from now on. I mean, what was I thinking? being disappointed? no macrossworlder has got time for that! Once again, thank you I'll have to remember that I am lame AND a drama queen. Bless you for pointing this out to me.

Now you are re just being an a-hole lol

I myself am grateful for the info Graham provides and Quad provided. They enable me to make the best purchasing decisions possible with my limited money. That's why I saved like a fiend and got the 1/48 Super VF-1J. It has all the updated parts, all the fixes, and good QA, along with the Super armor. Most bang for the buck. Now that I know (kinda) that the 1/48 Macross Plus VF's aren't in the current pipeline(the valks I originally got into Yamato over), I can use the money I was saving for them and put it into a "Night Screamers" custom scheme for the 1J. This'll only be my second Yamato, first being the original VF-11B, which fell apart (damn hip..) Was turned off to Yamato after that, then I found this site, learned about the 1/48s, learned about the A model's problems, then learned about the fixes. All thanks to Graham's updates and reviews, none of which he has to do for us. I am appreciative.

So, I figure if he has a bit of info that he can't tell us, but wants to tease us with, he's more than earned that right. Just makes me keep my eyes peeled.

oh, excuse me... I'll add that to the list, let's see.... lame.... drama queen.... and a-hole...

I guess I do deserve that for wanting a toy that looked like that cool model, but was substantial like the earlier Yamato YF-19. I mean only an a-hole would want that.

oh, excuse me... I'll add that to the list, let's see.... lame.... drama queen.... and a-hole...

I guess I do deserve that for wanting a toy that looked like that cool model, but was substantial like the earlier Yamato YF-19. I mean only an a-hole would want that.

mmm...Ok....I think you´ve understood everything the wrong way DrClay

I really don´t know why you react this way all of a sudden , up until know I thought you were more tolerant and everything , as far as I´ve been on this board I never saw such an spectacle from you.

Why all the whining and bitching all of a sudden ? you really think everyone is against you ? isn´t that a bit paranoid ?

Let me tell you this , no one is trying to make you feel inferior so stop acting so stupidly , there´s no reason to throw crap at everyone.

I personally respect your opinion, and if you´re happy with what I have to say , you´re in your sole right to express it , no one is forcing you to think like the rest of the members but you have to see things clearly.

All Graham does is get info from Yamato , he´s either allowed to unveil that info or shut the heck up if he unveils tha info without authorisation the he doesn´t get any info anymore so what would you do in he´s shoes ? stop getting any info for the rest of your life and make a few persons happy or keep obeying Yamato´s orders in order to keep people informed at a slower rate ?

If anyone is to blame then that´s Yamato , not Graham , not any of us here on the forums so please stop whining , really.

As far as I understand Graham has no power over what he can talk about so he´s not keeping all the info to himself just so you can feel like crap.

I´m not trying to change your opinion on Graham or your ¨enemies ¨ but at least you have to know that it ain´t directly Graham´s fault.

As I said , just forget about Graham´s scoops and concentrate on the hobby mags like the rest of the consumers and then the desperation will vanish. Wwe won´t gain anything by pressuring Graham cause Yamato is just passing through a paranoid state (for solid reasons).

Obviously this site has evolved into a fan communication hub. We can all get together here and gossip about stuff coming out and share the scoop when someone finds out some nifty little tidbit about upcoming toys. Graham may be able to glean advanced information through his personal contacts but he is not allowed to divulge important, competetive information about upcoming products, that is fine. I am quite happy that as he has been doing, once the information gets out, he can verify some facts, quell some rumors and panic by giving a few pertinent facts when he is allowed.

Don't take this place for granted because it is a labor of love, Shawn and Graham have given the rest of the fans here a place to congregate and chat. Enjoy the community, give and take information and be happy. This is a nice escape from the everyday doldrums a place to see people's outstanding projects (Art, Custom Toys and Models...etc.etc.) I have seen far too many great message boards go into the dumper due to pointless negativity, when the love is gone so goes the messageboard.

Thanks for all you guys that run this place do, and thanks to all of the artists, collectors, and fact finders that provide the site with updates and new projects and recasts :)

Feel the love yo! Ditch the hate! :lol:

What enemies? :o I used to dislike reading Graham's "I know something you don't know" but I NEVER considered him an enemy... how does that work? I defy you to find one of my posts that is intended to insult another Macrossworlder... I have only quoted other's posts, or find an excessive number of posts that are NOT in response to another post directed exclusively at me, From now on I will PM, but this post is for everyone who cares:

I stated an opinion. I defended my opinion against numerous attacks. I learned my lesson. I'll go back to lurking and being generally ignored... sorry to have wasted a couple of minutes of your day. <_<

What enemies? :o I used to dislike reading Graham's "I know something you don't know" but I NEVER considered him an enemy... how does that work? I defy you to find one of my posts that is intended to insult another Macrossworlder... I have only quoted other's posts, or find an excessive number of posts that are NOT in response to another post directed exclusively at me, From now on I will PM, but this post is for everyone who cares:

I stated an opinion. I defended my opinion against numerous attacks. I learned my lesson. I'll go back to lurking and being generally ignored... sorry to have wasted a couple of minutes of your day. <_<

If the "I know but I can't tell you" posts piss you off and make you feel inferior, then I think it's best if you stay away from the Toys section altogether because that's how it's always going to be.

By the read of Grahams post it seems that he does still know stuff. But you know what? WTF DOES IT MATTER TO ME IF GRAHAM KNOWS SOMETING THAT HE WON'T TELL!!! What's the point? to make me feel inferior? I come to this site and type out all my ignorance so that those who know can chuckle to themselves about how much more they know than me? maybe you're right though, and Graham doesn't know anything until he reads it in Degenki Hobby... but then he's just comming to this site to pretend that he knows more than us? WTF?! :angry:

Have you ever noticed, when you click on the Macross World logo, the words "Shawn and Graham's?" Hmmmm. . . seems to me that when you set up "DrClay's Macross World," you can do what you want. Until then, either read Graham's news threads, or not. To put it in your terms, "WTF DOES IT MATTER TO ME?"

Here we go again...no one is attaking you mate , chill out.

You seemed so upset at other people´s post in regards to your disregard to Graham´s situation that it looked like you were personally taking offense from those post , specially with all the sarcasm and ¨i´m a victim¨ act , thus making those people your enemies at whom to throw all the frustration at.

Let me tell you something : We´re all frustrated like you that we ain´t getting any info in advance like it use to happen.

But you have to realise that letting those news out doesn´t depend on Graham or anyone else (is there really anyone else that could have as much info as G anyway ?) in this site , It´s just Yamato´s paranoid marketing strategy that´s causing this to happen , they just don´t want us to know anything about their toys and that´s it.

Get used to the fact that Graham will from now on be unable to unveil anything un advance , just because Yamato doesn´t want him to speak out for fear of ¨something¨ to happen (Bandai , consumers hype , who knows..).

Just please stop acting as if everyone was against you and was trying to belittle you and your ego and let get on with the speculation.

Edited by Aegis!

Good lord, Clay... this isn't because you've expressed an opinion and you're so oppressed...it's because your whining and bitching and acting like a 4 year old girl with a skinned knee.

Get it together, man. I respect your opinion. You feel hurt, somehow, by news of a toy you don't like, on an internet board... so in turn you raise all kinds of hell and insult the owners of the site... doesn't make much sense, homey.

Feel free to make a "woe is me, I'm a pretty princess locked in a tower" response to this, but seriously, maybe you need to try and put things in perspective.

You don't like the Yamato VF-0S, 1/100... WE GET IT. We all understand. We are sorry you feel that way, now act like a grown up and move on with your life.