Macross - Magazine for Anime and Hobby Fan ARII/IMAI booklets...now with more Bandai and Nichimo!

jvmacross

No worries, glad to share!

It is pretty cool that the "C" variant was sneaked into the lineup in kit form....and then it made a second appearance when ARII released those awful "toys" based off of the kits years later...lol

I would insta-buy a book covering the history of Macross merchandising/marketing during the SDFM/DYRL era

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the video link, I enjoyed that! Its a nice format to see the booklet/line drawings, then seeing the animation in context. Very cool.
It is always crazy to see this cel, as xstoys has it in his personal collection. Wild.

image.png.260756fee3b22e28816550071db8d595.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • jvmacross changed the title to Macross - Magazine for Anime and Hobby Fan ARII/IMAI booklets...now with more Bandai and Nichimo!

Another Nichimo Iron-On collector...nice! :)
That is just the 2nd set I've seen in the wild after all these years.

You are just missing the Prometheus badge below, while I am missing the Daedalus Spartan one you have.
Between both the collections we can make the complete set!

image.png.dc35fce733cf30e86a21831ff03e59bd.png

The instructions!
image.png.82693e213544efe454274d8e1a4f4fe6.png

12 hours ago, Shawn said:

Another Nichimo Iron-On collector...nice! :)
That is just the 2nd set I've seen in the wild after all these years.

You are just missing the Prometheus badge below, while I am missing the Daedalus Spartan one you have.
Between both the collections we can make the complete set!

image.png.dc35fce733cf30e86a21831ff03e59bd.png

The instructions!
image.png.82693e213544efe454274d8e1a4f4fe6.png

I'll send you a scan of your missing iron-on for the one I'm missing and the instruction sheet! :friends:

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, P.W.Royce said:

Thanks for posting all these jvmacross, it made my day. One of my favorite aspects of collecting the old Imai/Arii kits has been finding the catalog inserts and various ephemera in the boxes. To see them all in one place is quite a treat!

No problem, glad this stuff is still appreciated by Macross fans! :good:

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Swann said:

How long have you had those?

Technically, since March...but I won't post anything until I have items on-hand.......

45 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Oh he's had those about 3-4 months or something?
I thought I had the one of the only remaining sets, but NOPE...jvmacross had to find a set for himself
Can't I have ANYTHING exclusive anymore 😛

Well, I would consider trading it for something else I don't have.....

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Technically, since March...but I won't post anything until I have items on-hand.......

Well, I would consider trading it for something else I don't have.....

Because I saw the auction for it. I wanted to bid but......I knew JV was there

2 minutes ago, Swann said:

You were bidding on it. So I didn't bid. I will see one for sale again.

There is no way for you to have specifically known if I or anyone else would have been bidding....it's like that on any online auction these days....it's been like that for decades...lol

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

There is no way for you to have specifically known if I or anyone else would have been bidding....it's like that on any online auction these days....it's been like that for decades...lol

I hope to see one for sale again.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Make me an offer I can't refuse

No that's yours. You are one of the Hammer of the Gods. I told you about the other bidder name.  You have to watch out for. He goes by the name of "Toby Chiu". Which I am sure it's a facebook fake account. He has posted many "white whales" on the Macross groups. We don't get along either.

2 hours ago, Swann said:

I know. He has bid against me a few times. Last night. He posted a different DYRL postcard. I have never seen it before.

You cannot control who is bidding on the same items as you...winning is just a matter of you wanting it more badly than the other bidders and having the ability to outspend the competition..........LOL

Which is why Mercari is the great equalizer! ;)  If you are on the site at the right time, you can score some ridiculously priced stuff...

2 minutes ago, Swann said:

I am sure they are at least six more promo items. We haven't seen yet. I want to post that postcard "toby" has posted, but both of you will hunt it down. I do too.

yes, please try to just post what you own, not what you wish you owned

• Shawn pinned and unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...