Macross Plus release differences

Southcross

ok someone obviously didn't understand what I was asking. I am trying to find out if the Macross Plus Movie release has the footage I'm looking for. Because I Intend to BUY it. If it does not have the footage, I Intend to BUY the two disk version in English.

Hey, no problem with the help. Does that mean you're going to grab the Movie?

Maybe I'll post my PM to get other members' takes.

And don't take the crack-down too hard.....

tha mods gotta do what tha mods gotta do. :wub:

(token brown-nosin') :lol:

Well sense that board posting does kind of mention the scene I'm talking out... heck YA! "me don't kneed know Englesh, me can wreed suptittles" though I would really like to know if that specific scene is actually there. But from the sounds of how they talk about the Movie's additional sequences, in general terms, its the information I was looking for.

FYI, I still get iritated when I get hit with the Mod stick when I feel that the whole post wasn't read/understood by the mod. Having been an active poster of several gaming Boards for years I have only been mod-spanked three times (well four now) and I have yet to have a mod not appologise to me personally when they realize their paux pas

Edited by Southcross

I personaly want to thank Grand Cannon for sending me a PM trying to help to answer my question from my "Mod'd" post.

You know, by GC giving you the info you needed, you could have saved the mods the trouble of this thread. <_>

Also, the original 1st question could boil down to this:

What is the difference in footage between the 2-disc OAV version and the 1 disc "Movie" version on the US release?

There was no need to go into bootlegs, etc etc etc, blah blah blah, which was the source of the mess. Keep that in mind should the mods come by and give you a nice talk.

**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Yes.

The more graphic Guld scene is included in the movie.

And here's my take on Movie and OAVs....

As some of us are doing now with the MAC ZERO releases, I couldn't wait until the next episode was released on VHS (those are videotapes). And from what I recall, it was a long wait between episodes......just like now.....the irony!!

I think the series was amazing! Grade A++ animaton, excellent flight sequences, the whole "triangle" drama between characters, and some great fights as witnessed via ...

VF-11 vs. Nousjadeul-Ger Kai ...

YF-19 vs. YF-21 ...

YF-19 / YF-21 vs. Ghost X-9 ...

YF-19 vs. SDF-1/Sharon ... and don't forget ...

Isamu vs. Guld !!

All this tied in with a great soundtrack. Everyone recall the fade-in of the closing song ... and then *BAM*.... "To be continued..." shows up!! Leaving most of yelling "WHAT THE....?"

I just recently purchased the movie - hearing about the "extended ending." In fact, it was more than just that. As can be compared with other OVA to Movie titles, there are parts in the OVAs that do not show up in the movie. And the movie has been re-edited into a different chronological timeline. BUT IT IS ALSO A MUST!!

You can't get by MACROSS PLUS by stating "I own the OVA's - I don't need to see the movie" or "I've seen the movie, no biggee on the OVAs." Both our necessary to fulfil the Mac Plus experience. (The audio CDs are also excellent material, as well.)

As some above have stated this series deserves much more than "GOOD'.......

it's the FASCHIZZLE-DIZZLE !!!

After reading the original post, its easy to see why there would be some confusion. No need to come down on the mods here, though, it was an honest mistake and they do a good job.

Thread being locked any time now...

Well my thing is I was not and I am not seeking out B@$#%&$'d (god forbit I mention the word bootleg) versions. I happened to see one; along with some Animated Music Vids that used Macross Plus Vid sequences... it sparked my urge to obtain Macross Plus, specifically the version of the Vids I saw in the AMV. When I say obtain, I mean buy My concern ultimately was over what my out of pocket cost was going to be to get said video. Back when I worked for a major company where paychecks were a pleasure, I would just buy them all ($60? its only money, I'll take two more, keep them unopened to add to my collection) Now that I work for a small company where paychecks are almost an embarrassment, I go $20 or $40?.... hmm please tell me its the $20 version. I don't wanna sit here and whine that the vids are so expensive, because they aren't, but having to buy three different DVDs to get the right one, when there are plenty of (what I assume, you know what happens when you assume) intelligent people. Who probably know the differences between the releases I thought I could pose the question and get a real answer, not Mod spanked. I didn't even get a PM from the Mod saying "I see your a new poster to this board... blah blah... I just want to remind you of the rules... blah blah..." nope nada whats the point of having a board if you can't pose a question. Mods should see where the post goes, or PM the person... not just go off and indiscriminately lock the thread because of what they perceive as being a bad topic.

c:\rant.exe -off

ok, I really need to get off this rant... it keeps fragmenting my harddrive

Bootlegging of domestically available products is frowned upon on MacrossWorld. The mods crack down on threads dealing with it. Once again, it clearly was a misunderstanding. Deal with it and move on.

Still waiting for the lock...

You want to rant about me locking that thread? Go right ahead. If I read a thread, any thread, and it looks like it's something frowned upon I WILL LOCK IT. If you feel there's confusion or a mistake, you PM the mod in question or you ask in the feedback section and if you're correct your thread will be unlocked. You DON'T go opening up a new thread about what was locked. That's just asking the mod to be annoyed at you.

All the rules you'll need to know MW Forum FAQ

Be happy it was a 'lock' and not a 'delete'. GC would not have been able to PM you the info you wanted otherwise.

Have a nice day. B))

I could pose the question and get a real answer, not Mod spanked. I didn't even get a PM from the Mod saying "I see your a new poster to this board... blah blah... I just want to remind you of the rules... blah blah..." nope nada whats the point of having a board if you can't pose a question. Mods should see where the post goes, or PM the person... not just go off and indiscriminately lock the thread because of what they perceive as being a bad topic.

dude maybe this isn't the boards for you.

alot of us here don't paticularly like the way some mods do things, but oh well, its a free board. if you don't like it, leave.

you can always research your info somewhere else if you find Macrossworld too oppressive.

and as for mods "indiscriminately locking the thread because of what they perceive as being a bad topic." well thats exactly what they are for.

ok someone obviously didn't understand what I was asking. I am trying to find out if the Macross Plus Movie release has the footage I'm looking for. Because I Intend to BUY it. If it does not have the footage, I Intend to BUY the two disk version in English.

This is my first time reading your post, and I was like WTF is he/she talking about, what Footage??etc?

You should atleast paste a link of your other post with the Question details, because without it, seems like you're just ranting away and don't even care about the answer to your question anymore. :rolleyes:

As for getting which version OAV or Movie? you should get them all. I mean a dollar a day within 2 month you're set. The OAV is around 180minutes and the Movie is 115 minutes, that's a 65 minutes difference. So if you just get the movie you might miss a scene or two that you might enjoy. :)

You can get the movie here: deepdiscountdvd.com

And since I was there I notice that their Macross Mini box set is pretty cheap, at $37.79 each shipped. They don't charge taxes either. :D

thanks F360 (the original post was from a few days ago, this had turned into a flame thread that wouldn't go away), I'm looking at the site right now! Thanks for the info on the "box" set, I'm gonna look at it.

finally someone who isn't feeding the flame!

For you flame feeders, I hate to smack thee with the good old Websters Dictionary:

fo·rum ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fôrm, fr-)

n. pl. fo·rums, also fo·ra (fôr, fr)

-The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.

-A public meeting place for open discussion.

-A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.

-A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.

-A court of law; a tribunal.

FYI to all those that don't seem to get it. If you post a "negative" to a flame post you just make the flame build higher. If you post a "positive" or heck even a "neutral" the flame goes away.

I was irritate, yes, so I posted again... and yes that was "my bad" For those that are new to reading my posts I am generaly long winded and I go into detail. I don't write like I'm talking to a Fifth grader. It comes down to are your reading it for the "intended" meaning or just looking at the words.

I want to Thank Cannon Royale (Grand Cannon), F360 for actualy giving me information. And thanks go out to KingNor, I agree, your right.... but I am an old school board poster and a recovering chat room addict. I firmly believe in the use of Forums for: "A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program."

I have a deep dislike for sensorship, forums are moderated for a reason and I agree.... FYI the word "Bootleg" does not appear *anywhere* on the FAQ site.

c:\flame.exe -off -f:"c:\my documents\because this is getting poinless.txt"

now I'm gonna ask a mod to lock this. If you want to talk about the differences between the versions or any good buys out there for the Macross Plus vids... Please PM me