Blue Submarine No. 6

Godzilla

Yeah, it's short, but it's cool. Only downside being the current box set release (given that it was originally released one episode per disc) has double sided disc's with 1 episode on each (meaning handle with care while flipping sides).

I found it interesting and good but lacking something at the end.

**Spoiler**

What the hell happened to Zorndike at the end? How'd he die?

I think our hero shot him. He said something along the lines while on the beach, "That's the 1st time I have ever killed a man face to face" I believe. I am probably wrong.

Oh yeah the big whale thingies are so cool ...infra sonic weapons..if you dont have a nice sound system hooked up... try it with headphones...crazy this may be Earths fate...i think animae has a way of projecting/ predicting if you will the worst that is possible..the freeedom to imagine and speculate...that show is abit short thought right compared to other OVA...

Personally, I didn't like it. Its one of the few such animes, but then, I don't like CG/Cel hybreds. I just don't see the point in them. CGI doesn't impress me as much as hand done work. Plus, the CG tends to be distracting to the plot. I tend to avoid Gonzo because of this OVA. Out of all the shows I've seen made by them, I've only liked full Metal Panic, as they take it easy on the CGI. There's still plenty of cheap animation in that one though. All in all, I'd like it better if it weren't such a blantant cry for attention. In all fairness, I did see it on Cartoon Network. So maybe the dub and edit didn't help. Its like how I'm not fond of current hit Witch Hunter Robin, though in that case, I'm going on two episodes.