What was the 1st Valkyrie toy to ever owned?

GobotFool

My first Valk was a Bandai 1/72 toy VF-1A that came with a Misa Hayase figure. I was in high school then, working at MacDonald's and saving whatever I could to buy that toy.

My second Valk was a 1/55 Takatoku 1/55 VF-1S...it cost me an arm and a leg while in a trip in Japan!

And now, endless valks!

hey now, wasn't this a thread I started a while back? hehe, it's good to see that people still remember it and they even put up the original link as well! Nice! well, my first valkyrie type of toy was of course jetfire, not the regular one, but the matsushiro version! Why don't we continue these comments on my old post, hmm?? What say you guys? :p:D:lol:

I said that on the first page of this new thread.

1/100 CF bootleg.  Damn those things were great quality.  Came with those funny white laser rifles instead of the gunpod.  Looong before I ever heard of Macross or RT. OK maybe a year.

I remember those! It came in a small window box. That was actually my first Valk, albeit a bootleg I got at a San Diego Swap Meet. Then I bought a smaller scaled SDF-1 (with the Macross logo on the box also a boot)at an asian gift store and a pencil sharpener Valk. Ah those were good times :D.

~G25

Edited by gerwalk25

First Valk: Joons red, white and blue.

Second: Taiwanese knockoff Super VF-1J

I actually didn't know valkyrie toys existed until teaching overseas during the 90's.

I remembered vaguely watching the Robotech series from childhood, and almost fell down when I entered a Tawanese toy store and saw the ARII models.

I recall saying to my wife: "Oh my god, that's Lisa...I'm not really sure who she is....but I know she's Lisa!!"

After that, I started my 'Quest for Valkyries'.

Now I know Macross- and there's no going back.

First I ever owned personally was a Yamato VF-1A Hikaru.

I never owned any Robotech toys, as my parents didn't like the show. My friend had them all, and a couple of Jetfires, so I had good exposure at least....

I can't recall exactly. All around the same time (10 yrs old or so) I had a Matchbox JokeMachine, a Paro knock-off, a pencil sharpener and a VF-1A model kit. I don't remember which one I got first, but I think it was the JM.

Edited by eriku

The very first valk, geeezz, its been almost 20 years, wow.

Anyways, it was one of those $3 swap meet bootleg Valks that are made of plastic. At that time, I thought that it was the coolest things around. I am just glad that Bandai, Yamato and Toynami have released their own versions of Valks after graduating from college and have comfortable job.

The very first valk I ever owned was a Revell VF-1J model kit in Max colors. It was missing the pieces necessary to complete, but I bought it for $5 at an antique store in '99 or '00. I soon found this place around that time looking for parts (unsucessfully) so I sold it for about $15 on ebay.

Shortly after that I found Valky-Exchange and pre-ordered my Toycom YF-19. Of course, that fell through, and a couple months later found me in touch with TSKOH via these boards and me being a proud owner of a complete set of Mac+ valks.

About a year (and a whole bunch of funny photoshop pictures later), I was in Hong Kong for the release of the Yammie VF-1A Hikaru, which I picked up there only days after release.

Vostok 7