Pets?

A series of unfortunate events this morning led to the puppy we're taking care of killing the wren chick we'd saved two weeks ago. I can't blame the dog because 1) it's a dog that didn't know any better, and 2) it's a puppy that didn't know any better. But still. I had spent the last week or so feeding the wren from hand, and it had taken to sitting in my palm while I did. It had soft downy feathers and a thin beak. It was spoiled as hell and always ate more than it probably should have.

It was my first "pet" since the guinea pig my dad got me when I was seven. This sucks.

Who here has pets? Wanna snap some pics?

We had German Shepherds that would think my dad's king pigeons were toys to play with. They would actually play with them without touching or hurting them. Until 1 day, the pup just got too close and bit one too hard. 

That feeling sucks.

My mom got a cat right around the time I started Kindergarten. He dies the weekend I moved out. Aside from some fish (which I think are more like decorations you feed than pets) I haven't had anything since.

Thought about maybe getting a kitten when my daughter starts kindergarten, though...