Castlevania !

Yes. It was released for the PS2 a couple of months ago.

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

It's supposed to be pretty good. B))

You can find more info HERE.

Edited by UN Spacy

I was wondering is there any new game or a remake to one of the old ones in the pipeline because I remember reading an interview not so long ago with one of the main members of SOTN team, that he was hinting on Castlevania-3 Dracula`s Curse (NES) and Dracula-X (PCE-CD & SNES).

Castlevania: Lament of Innocense (the japanese version is simply called Castlevania) was released 2 months ago for the PS2 and it was done by the SotN team. The game feels much like Devil May Cry without the guns.... which may or may not be a good thing. Its 3D and its much better then the blasphemy that was Castlevania 64. It has great soundtrack. The game deals with Leon Belmont, the first of the Belmont bloodline, and how he aquired the vampire killer whip. It has good replayability (has 2 secret playable characters).

As for remakes, ever since Konami released Chronicles, they hinted on more remakes, but they never happened... at least not so far. Personally.... I would love a remake of Rondo with Blood (Dracula X)... heck even a straight port would be nice. :)

Yes Lament plays a lot like Devil May Cry with some SOTN elements, but I have not clue right now how it plays when you use Joachim Armster. I heard it's totaly diffrent from Leon, in that Joachim uses these sets of swords.

Its more action oriented..... and much easier IMO.

As for Pumpkin.... its more comedy oriented. :lol:

Its more action oriented..... and much easier IMO.

I thought it was going to harder since you can't use items with him.

Sure.... but the range of the swords is far greater then that of the whip.... so you can keep your distance from enemies. And boss fights are much easier too, except for the 3 elementals. Medusa was extremely easy to beat, and so was Walter and Death. Its all about not having to get close anymore.

As for remakes, ever since Konami released Chronicles, they hinted on more remakes, but they never happened... at least not so far. Personally.... I would love a remake of Rondo with Blood (Dracula X)... heck even a straight port would be nice. :)

A straight port would be REALLY good if they included the "wrong system card" level. :)

Many PCEngine CD games had a error screen that came up if you were using too old a system card.

Rondo of Blood on the PCEngine was unique in that it had a mini-game, consisting of one Castlevania/Akumajo Dracula level done in SD style, with the error coming at the end of the level.

A straight port would be REALLY good if they included the "wrong system card" level. :)

Many PCEngine CD games had a error screen that came up if you were using too old a system card.

Rondo of Blood on the PCEngine was unique in that it had a mini-game, consisting of one Castlevania/Akumajo Dracula level done in SD style, with the error coming at the end of the level.

lol.... I never saw that. I played Rondo a few times only, I did beat it, but I never got the time to sit down and explore the game properly. :(

LoI DOES rock... the only downfall I find is with the camera control... sometimes hard to see what's coming towards you.

the SNES port of Dracula X- Rondo of Blood (entitled Dracula XX) was a SERIOUSLY watered-down version of the PC engine game (those of us with the ROM and a Magic Engine emu can verify that). Dracula X comes in second only after SOTN, which was the best one ever, IMHO. LoI comes in third, it's got a kick-ass soundtrack and the game-action is really smooth and easy to control, just the camera control can make things difficult sometimes.

I had heard rumors of a port of Dracula X, but no one seemed to know for sure if it would happen and what platform it would be on.

those wanting more info on the Castlevania series should visit: The Castlevania Dungeon for ROMS and more info (but don't look for the Dracula X ROM... Konami won't allow that one out and good luck finding someone willing to part with it or make a copy of that (practically had to beg and plead for my own... I really don't need my first-born child anyway, right?)

the SNES port of Dracula X- Rondo of Blood (entitled Dracula XX) was a SERIOUSLY watered-down version of the PC engine game (those of us with the ROM and a Magic Engine emu can verify that).

/me sighs.

No one has a Rondo of Blood ROM.

Or even a ROM image.

It's a CD game. You have a CD image. Or mroe likely a rip.

I had heard rumors of a port of Dracula X, but no one seemed to know for sure if it would happen and what platform it would be on.

Yah. Rumors have been floating around off and on for a while.

Konami asked someone to pull Rondo of Blood off their site a while back, which seemed odd since Konami has a tendancy to pretend they don't see piuracy of dead software.

Then there was the Castlevania Chronicles interview, which bumped the rumor back up after it had died back down.

As it stands now though, Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo has made no commercial re-appearances aside from rumors and eBay auctions.

/me sighs.

Or even a ROM image.

ROM, Rip, yadda yadda.. That's become my all-purpose term for any backup form of a game. Yes it is a Cd-rip, at least as near as I can tell. I didn't have to do anything to it to get it to run on Magic Engine.

Yeah it's kind of neat that Konami turns a relatively blind eye to piracy of their old games. The fact that they DON'T want Rondo of Blood up certainly raises eyebrows (but then, SOTN isn't there either, IIRC). Some speculate that they don't want it up because they plan to re-release it again... we can all be hopeful, but I somehow doubt it.

/me sighs.

Or even a ROM image.

ROM, Rip, yadda yadda.. That's become my all-purpose term for any backup form of a game. Yes it is a Cd-rip, at least as near as I can tell. I didn't have to do anything to it to get it to run on Magic Engine.

GAH!

STOP ABUSING TERMS! IT'S NOT A BACKUP EITHER!

Well, I suppose it's remotely possible you DO actually own the game...

Yeah it's kind of neat that Konami turns a relatively blind eye to piracy of their old games.

Yah.

The fact that they DON'T want Rondo of Blood up certainly raises eyebrows (but then, SOTN isn't there either,  IIRC). Some speculate that they don't want it up because they plan to re-release it again... we can all be hopeful, but I somehow doubt it.

SotN isn't very old, honestly.

Anyways, I figure let the rumors run. Ain't hurtin' nothing.

I haven't personally played it, but from what I understand, the new Castlevania game is supposed to be pretty damned good.

Not damned good.... but good. Its not the greatest game.

Compared to most of the dribble released nowadays, it's a welcome sight.

I don't own the actual game yet, but if I ever find it for a price that isn't something like an arm and a leg, I may actually get it.

Heh.

'S amazing how much more an older game can cost than a new one.

Even more amazing is how much a BAD game can cost.

It boggles the mind what Atari collectors will pay for crap like Chase the Chuck Wagon, just because it's somewhat rare.