Jump to content

3D printed GU-11 pod


Bushwood3006
 Share

Recommended Posts

So a couple months ago I decided I wanted to get int 3D Printing. After tinkering a bit I wanted to do something cool. So I figured Gunpod.

Been messing with Autodesk and here's what I have so far

post-29419-0-16759700-1442735943_thumb.png

And after 12 hours of printing.

post-29419-0-65230200-1442736195_thumb.jpgpost-29419-0-66134400-1442736207_thumb.jpgpost-29419-0-84803600-1442736218_thumb.jpgpost-29419-0-16345400-1442736230_thumb.jpg

The plan is to have it motorized with light and sound..... And maybe a smoke generator.

I also need to thicken up the outside diameter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can build a rotary airsoft cannon fairly easily nowadays. There are alot of tutorials on it online. You can also buy a Mossberg Tactical Shotgun from Tokyo Marui that has 3 barrels hidden inside to fire 3 BBs at a time. That could be retrofitted into this project easily enough.

Edited by NZEOD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Progress so far. Unfortunately not a lot got done in the past 2 weeks, Added more pieces to the scrap bin than I did to the actual gun. A lot of lessons learned. Like when doing something for the first time with a new controller, DONT DO IT during a 16+ hr print. Had to print out the black piece twice because my controller does not lock the print head when its pause like my computer software did, and i shifted the print head when I went to change the filament (FML). Still fraked it up on the second attempt at it, but it was salvageable this time. I still need design the pistol grip assembly and make it so its removable.

Redesigned Cad files

post-29419-0-11713300-1444608908_thumb.pngpost-29419-0-94922700-1444608902_thumb.png,

Progess so far

post-29419-0-21191400-1444609694_thumb.jpg

for some scale

post-29419-0-16222100-1444609724_thumb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Casting small stuff I have no problem doing, but that would be a lot of silicone and resin, even if i made it a hollow cast, and that would end up being expensive Counting just the good parts so far, it's only got a little better than a 2lb spool used so far, and that's only about $25. And probably an equal amount if not more of plastic in failed prints and test pieces.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

More stuff printed out. Had a few storms lately, and with prints between 10 and 15 hrs, lost a few pieces to power outages.

Started gluing up the grip. (JB-weld is your best friend.) The holes drilled all along the seam edge is because i want to infill the piece with casting resin for added strength. so i needed to make sure it could flow everywhere.

post-29419-0-47256600-1446495335_thumb.jpgpost-29419-0-07093600-1446495347_thumb.jpgpost-29419-0-76058700-1446495355_thumb.jpgpost-29419-0-39986300-1446495364_thumb.jpgpost-29419-0-12532800-1446495376_thumb.jpg

Also started work on the butt-stock and rotor assembly.

post-29419-0-50579900-1446495430_thumb.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...