Yamato make this!

Capt. Kraimer

Looks like a valk with some insanely huge FPs to assist it getting outta the atmoshpere.

Hiya guys,

Let you in on a secret, somebody (no it aint yamato) is making a resin kit of it that is compatible the current 1/72 Hasegawa kit, which will involve slight modifications to the hasegawa kit itself. The prototype even though a scratch build piece was a beauty to behold, i was totally amazed and astounded at the size of it. Sorry guys, all will be known in due time as the person is still perfecting and finishing the sculpt for it.

Sorry mods if my post is off topic.

Cheers

Sorry dudes, I think the days of Yamato watching these boards for hints and clues is gone. :(

No kidding. The probab quit because of stupid suggestions. Members will start a thread asking for the lamest sh|t to be built, having no idea what it takes to get a toy to market.

you don't think that the booster pack is lame????

i mean i would be a ton of plastic

but look how big that stupid UNICRON transformer toy i see at walmart EVERY day.

capt. kraimer out.

No, it isn't lame in the sense of truly being something that isn't worth looking at, but from a toy manufacturer's perspective it wouldn't make sense to make, the cost of the mold, cost of the design, cost of the paint , cost of the packaging, the cost of distribution, and the cost of promotion...

You make the comparison to Unicron, yes the Unicron toy is to total piece of crap, but you can't make the comparison because hundreds of thousands of people know what Unicron is, and many want one... For Christ sake, the thing was played by the voice of Orson Wells!!! That alone makes it a pop icon... The VF boosterpack on the other hand... No one would know what it is, no one would be able to justify the cost, but most importantly stores wouldn't carry it because they would rather take up their valuable shelf space with toys that they can sell a ton of, like that POS, Unicron.

Well, the reason I say this is because of the following:

1. - A couple of years ago, Yamato was barely into the 1/60 line, and was still testing the market.

Now they know the market is there, and is huge.

2. - They gave tons of pre-production info to our Sithlord Graham, and he let it be known that they did in fact watch our boards, and even had polls etc to rally questions and suggestions that he made directly to them. Graham was always the one who announced the release date of every new Yamato Macross toy, and we awaited them with baited breath, and erect..... :blink:

Now, things are being released, and even our sithlord Graham has not been in the know.

I'm not trying to say that Graham's powers have been diminished at all, strong he is with the dark side, after all, he got a pre-production sample of Escaflowne after all!.

But, I think that with the Macross toy line doing very well these days, Yamato just doesn't need or value our opinions that much any more. This is not necessarily a bad thing though, since they have taken several suggestions and QC issues formerly announced by MW members into account, perhaps there just isn't that much left to fix.

And as to suggestions for new toys. As AgentONE said, noone has any idea what it takes to research, design, market and produce a toy, and to do so for every last variant of anything that could attach to a VF-1 would be impractical unless they could see a big enough market to cover the R&D.

it still would be cool though.

just picture it....on your shelf (or large display thingy cause it would so huge) a vf1-s all decked out ready to launch boosters attached...platform taking up more room than your tv....ahhhhh...

Yeah, it would be about the size of the HGUC 1/144 Scale Dendrobium :unsure:

I now work in the software industry and I see some of those issues on a day to day basis. You would be blown away what the cost is to bring a consumer product to market. Especially one for sale in a retail situation. Things have changed in manufacturing that have made various processes in toy creation much less expensive, this coupled with the fact that many firms are willing to take a slimmer margin, added on top of that the fact that collector toys have risen to popularity, the situation is much better. However not good enough for some potential toys.

Sorry dudes, I think the days of Yamato watching these boards for hints and clues is gone. :(

amen :(

(music sounds) dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum