Need info on Toynami Battlepod 01 and 03

8bitforlife

Oh I have those but I didn't think they were were special as they have their own numbers and 2 and 5 are the same. Volume 01 and 03 have same number but different versions. Am I correct. Sorry just recently trying to get back into robotech. Got protoculture dvd box set the set of 30th anniversary 1/100 figures and these toynami regults. I currently have the 1/55 toynami on preorder. I also had no idea there was a gameboy advance game. I do have the robotech ce for gamecube.

Bandai just announced an articulated Regult (aka Battlepod) which might come out this year and is 1/100 scale also. You might be better served waiting and getting those.

Wait a moment, while some HI-Metal stuff was shown off I don't believe Bandai has officially announced any of that stuff will be produced/sold.

Are you referring to the Hi-Metal R line, jenius?

Yes

Wait a moment, while some HI-Metal stuff was shown off I don't believe Bandai has officially announced any of that stuff will be produced/sold.

You know that thread has pictures right? Sure, it might be vaporware but if it's not the toys would cost less than the secondary market of Toynami vinyl products and almost certainly be better. I think a giant diorama counts as an announcement.

Edited by jenius

Yes

You know that thread has pictures right? Sure, it might be vaporware but if it's not the toys would cost less than the secondary market of Toynami vinyl products and almost certainly be better. I think a giant diorama counts as an announcement.

yeah, it's not like bandai to show off something cool at a show or in a magazine and then promptly forget it ever existed.

ap_20090222011326662jpg_1235287612_zpsid

Picture-6_1242274970_zpsqnovdjs3.png

YF-21-VF-HI-METAL_1266908466_zpskq3dvnic

1210813936_zpsx8ocfc8n.jpg

t062_zps3rjn4qr6.jpg

It kinda makes me sad that you went through the effort of digging up vaporware when the only question was "has this been announced." Yes, it has. Does that mean it won't become vaporware? No, it doesn't.

Photo's of pre-production models at one trade show does not constitute an announcement for release. Anime52k8 is right. Just because they showed something at a trade show once doesn't mean it's an actual announced product. It's just a potential line they might be working on. If they put up a pre-order somewhere or even if they mention it again in a magazine with prices and release dates then it's "announced." Until then we have zero idea this product will ever actually come to market.