Yamato VF-19P

Novareign

I truly love the matte on the YF-19. I've always wanted a P after seeing the movie but the price was never right. A couple years ago I sold most of my collection and now I'm trying to go back. All I got is a YF-19 and a VF-25F both excellent pieces.

Really hovering over that add to cart button.

Must wait till 0D!!!

The plastic is basically the same for Yamato's VF-19s and Arcadia's YF-19, mostly ABS. The difference in surface finish is a function of the tools cavities' being either highly polished (gloss), or textured (matte).

Here's a way to wrap one's mind around the concept, a practical visualization aid, if you will: Get a chunk of modeling clay, or even silly putty, and mush it against a wet (so the clay will not stick) mirror -- it will come off looking glossy; now take the same clay and press it against a rough surface, like a sheet of fine-grit sandpaper placed on a table, or even a piece of cloth resting on a flat surface -- the clay will be imbued with a non-reflective matte finish. Heated plastic injected into a mold will flow like a low viscosity taffy into the tool's cavities, and just like the clay, will adopt the finish given to the surface(s) against which it contacts, and retain said finish upon cooling and ejection from the molds.

Edited by mechaninac