Does your other half buy toys for you?

robokochan

Does or has your Wife G/F B/F ever bought toys for you?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Does or has your Wife G/F B/F ever bought toys for you?

• Yes. And they pick the right ones.
    • No. Never
    • I don't allow them to
    • Yes. But never what I want.
    • Yes. But never Macross
    • Yes. And I act like I am grateful (When it's the wrong one)
    • Sometimes
    • Yes. And then I sell it on eBay (secretly)
    • They only buy me secret toys and I can't talk about it on MW
    • None of the above

Heh, you know you have been a Macross fan too long when you look at the first sentence of the poll and automatically read it as "Does or has your Wife Gerwalk/Fighter Battroid/Fighter ever bought toys for you?" :p

But seriously, my wife will buy me a toy for my Birthday or Christmas if I ask her nicely and she knows it's something I really want. However, she's not really willing to spend more than HK$500 (US$64) on a toy as she doesn't think any toy should cost more than that.

Graham

However, she's not really willing to spend more than HK$500 (US$64) on a toy as she doesn't think any toy should cost more than that.

on many many levels i can agree with your wife on this one.

My wife never tries to get me anything collectible related because it is too difficult. She doesn't have a clue what anything is, what I already have, or where to get stuff. I could tell her exactly what to get and where to get it but then it would be a lot easier if I just bought it myself.

However, she's not really willing to spend more than HK$500 (US$64) on a toy as she doesn't think any toy should cost more than that.

on many many levels i can agree with your wife on this one.

Word. Can't you use your Sith powers to get her hired as Yamato's pricing agent? :p

One of my ex-girlfriends wasn't just open to buying toys for me, she bought 'em for herself. My incessent need to collect toys is normally one of the first things that I confess to a girl. It's worked so far.... Even that sorority chick I dated thought my 1/48 was pretty cool.. :lol:

Yup, and I've never had a problem because I tell her about upcoming releases (whether she wants to hear it or not) and which ones I like ... and she gets the point and delivers. :)

Hmm that just sounds... bad. :ph34r:B))

Edited by Uxi

my girlfriend bought me a Macross toy - once.

after years of saying "never in my lifetime" she gave in on a recent trip to Japan. she went to a toy shop just to see if they had any Macross toys, since I spent so much money on them, but couldn't find any. then she went to another toy shop, and another. eventually it became a mission of hers to find a toy store that actually carried Macross toys (although she found plenty of models). then when she finally found a ToysRUs that had a Max 1/48, she jumped on it. mind you, i still believe the only reason she bought it was as a sort of trophy from her hunt across Japan. not that i'm complaining. ;)