1/48 stickers?

blackjek

hi there, sorry for bringing up prob a much talked about topic.

but just wondering if u guys paste the decals right off the sticker sheet by yamato.

or are there better stickers available outside. not refering to custom stickers but just standard macross decals.

i have the vf 1j and low vis. getting 1s soon.

maybe u guys can give some suggestions to the numbers to paste or watever neccessary decals to paste to make it as beautiful and

anime accurate as possible?

thanks a million guys! figured no one knows better than the forum members.

there are Much better stickers and Decals available. the Yammie ones suck. Anasazi37 and Takatoys both make excellent stickers that will make your Valks llook way better than the ones Yamato provide. i don't know if they have -1j 1/48's available, but they should be coming soon. I have a set of Anasazi's and it made my Low Vis looks awesome.

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

So are Takatoy's stickers and Anazazi's water-slide decals?

Which would you recommend?

I don't know about Anasazi's stickers and decals though I read only good things but my valk are dressed exclusively with Takatoys stickers and I can say they are the next best thing since the invention of sliced bread.

trust me, you won't be disapointed.

I don't understand the reason to put the intake cover stickers on. o_O

And dang...these things are hard to put on straight...

this way, when you have the covers off in fighter/gerwalk mode, it'll look like the intakes moved up and in like in the anime.

the anasazi and takatoys' stickers, are they both paste on or waterslide decals?

takatoys makes stickers only, anasazi makes stickers and decals.

I've used stickers from both and swear by both of them (haven't tried decals because I'm real bad with decals)

I have takatoy stickers, and they're awesome... you can actually make out words and details, plus the colours are way more vibrant and crisp... the only pain is you have to cute the stickers out, not too hard it you have a good straight edge and a sharp Xacto knife. but the round ones, like for the kite emblem can be a real pain.

Oh, and if there was any misalignment of the printer heads, sometimes there are unintentional white borders around the graphics that you have to trim... but maybe they fixed this with their new runs... dunno... but well worth the money, if you love your 1/48 you'll dish out the money for a custom sticker sheet.

I dished out the cash for the stickers, and found them (aside from having to cut them) great. Scissors work very well for a curve verses say, a straight blade.

But here's my problem. I love Macross and all, but I can't seem to place all the stickers. I can place most from memory and from pics I find, but some of the alpha-numeric ones give me trouble. I didn't seem to find much help in the Yamato box. Are there any placement guides or something? I got the Armor stickes as well as the aircraft ones. I'd rather look like an idiot now asking for help than look like one later with misplaced labels :lol:

EDIT> Sorry, I went through my guide and found lables on the parts list in the front of the manual...

-Musta missed that...

Edited by Phren