FFXI Christmas Spectacular!

Vostok 7

woohoo!!

I made a last minuite decision to camp Zi'Ghi Boneeater tonight and I SAW HIM AND KILLED HIM!! YEEHAAAWWWW. He even used invincible and I managed to take him down.

Didn't get a braveheart :angry::angry: All I got was some stupid crusty Course Gauntlets which only sell for about 350 on the AH :angry:

But I think my theory is correct... All the Quadavs in those two rooms must be killed to get him to spawn. I had cleared the room he spawns in, and then had the fortune that a lower lvl party cleared the second room and he spawned. That's the second time I've seen him under such circumstances.

I have to camp him again.

Vostok 7

<_< For shame Vostok. You should be getting lvls so we can go do the Rank 2-Whatever mission. <_< Sheesh if you want the Braveheart SO badly just borrow the cash from DT.

NO! Unacceptable. I will NEVER borrow money from anyone. Equipment and items are another thing, but never money!! :lol:

Unless of course someone wants to gift me 20k. :lol:

Vostok 7

<_< [seraphae]Only desperate Humes would beg and pretend it was a "gift"[/seraphae] :lol: I would give you it IF I had 20k :p

BTW why were you hunting Ziggy, just bored of getting lvls again?

and where can I get a map of the Ordelle's Caves?

<_< [seraphae]Only desperate Humes would beg and pretend it was a "gift"[/seraphae] :lol: I would give you it IF I had 20k :p

BTW why were you hunting Ziggy, just bored of getting lvls again?

No, just convince your bro to gift me 20k :p

Or theres other people who could *hint hint* :p:lol: (yeah, like THAT'S ever going to happen :lol::p )

I dunno... It just struck me to do it. I was gonna go out and get another steam clock but I said "wtf, I'm gonna go get ziggy" and lo, he was there, and it was good.

It would have been better if he had dropped that damn sword!!

Vostok 7

I could never convince DT to give anyone money. You know what I say about him. Owing him is like owing the mob, if you don't pay him back.... ;):lol: Why did you want a steam clock for anyways.

fame and 500g. Plus, I bought a stack of Quus and I still have 6 or so to go.

I managed to score a silver name tag when I was in the mines too. Woohoo, 550g and fame!

OH YEAH! And you know that silver bar quest from the chick above the middle house on the S Gustaberg gate side of the markets? She gives you 2200 for a silver bar (ingot?)... Well, usually, silver bars are like 3000+ to buy on the AH... Well, guess what, they were 2000 today. I made a nice 200g profit for that, and I didn't even have to figure out how to mine :lol:

Vostok 7

:lol::lol: You gotta hear this, DT was getting lvls in Qufim and someone asked him if he would his Valentine. Then another guy asked if they could go on dates because they were the same lvl and from the same town. :lol:

Perhaps its cuz its late that its funny. But it just is.

PS DT plays as a Female Hume, Hatsuko. For those who don't know.

Yeah Michea, after you do the Silver Ingot quest, you get to redo copper Ingot quest. She take copper ingots for gil. I did the silver ingot quest when the ingot sold for 1000 at the AH.

Edited by Yohsho

:lol::lol: You gotta hear this, DT was getting lvls in Qufim and someone asked him if he would his Valentine. Then another guy asked if they could go on dates because they were the same lvl and from the same town. :lol:

Perhaps its cuz its late that its funny. But it just is.

PS DT plays as a Female Hume, Hatsuko. For those who don't know.

BAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA And he wonders why I didn't want to party tonight. Hey, come to think of it, I shoulda broke out Kat. Maybe I could have scored some nice stuff with her purr and rub emote :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vostok 7

Right now I'm kinda glad I didn't play that much today, only checked my Auctions. I wonder how many ppl would send /t's to me asking to be a valentine. But then again I'm a scary elvaan girl. :p

Correction, you're a train wreck :lol:

I would have asked you to be my valentine :wub:

:p :P

Vostok 7

Remember who you're talking to here.

:mellow:

Ah, well we'll see what happens on saturday.

I think Abombz is probably glad I wasn't on when she was today :lol:

Vostok 7

If it was anyone else.... I would've just laughed it off or something.

If it was you.... I would've blacklisted you so fast, it would've seen like one of those instictive reactions. <_<

I switched to a sword and sheild today to give my GS a rest since it was maxed out anyway. I went from lvl 48 to lvl 68 in no time. Helped I was with an EXCELLENT party. We were just killing everything. I'm thinking about sticking with sword for now... Since as a Pallie, I'm not going to be using a GS much (no use really), might as well get used to it. I'll probably lvl my GS to 70 and then dedicate myself back to the sword. I picked up a flame sword (gotta love addt'l damage effects) and an aspir shield.

Sure, I hit for about half as much damage, but I missed hitting more often :)

Had a fun moment... One guy in our party pulled a pugil and linked a Banshee... First thing I did was voke the banshee and ran for the tower along with the mages... Then, when we were in the tower healing, the 2 guys we left behind go "wtf did everyone zone?! we had it!" lol everyone was like "there was a fricking banshee on us!" lol. Those two managed to finish off the pugil, but got themselves killed somehow. Fortunately one of our mages had recently hit lvl25 and had raise (my first party with a raiser). But I was happy. Not one mage got killed, and I didn't die either. That's always a good time.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

I just had the worst party experience ever. Forget every other story... this one beats them all!!

So I got into this party.... it was alright in the beginning, but the lv gaps were mind bogling. It fell apart... and then was reborn with some nice players in it... or so I thought.

Lets begin with.....

1- LV27 War- first thing he does, is tell everyone how much of a terrible tank and bad puller he is. Gee.... you have to be a moron to say that, specially when you are lv27, has almost 50 points more defense then everyother tank in the party. He also had this stupid emote everytime he used boost "You can't boast this!!". Now.... WTF is that supposed to mean?

At one time, we had 2 blms and 1 whm in our party. The mages said "Keep the battle away from us so we are not hit bu sleep". I was the puller so I came back to camp and stopped as far away from camp as possible. Now... this retard decides to provoke it.... but instead of walking up to it, he sits close to the mages, and pulls the mob up to them. So I provoke again, but I start to walk away.... to my surprise, this moron provokes it away from me, and into the mage cluster. WTF? <_<

2-LV27 WHM- this one is a major retard and everyone should avoid him. He blows through 300 something mp in less then a minute. He casts only Curaga and Cure III, causing so much hate not even the tanks can pull the mob away from it (hate greater then benediction). Not only that... but this idiot doesn't have regen. Regen is honestly much more useful then Cure III at this lv because it doesn't attract nearly as much hate then Cure III. But according to him it was his choice.... well.... thats great for him, but free will doesn't make him less of a stupid moron. <_<

Its like saying "Oh... I didn't have money for Raise... so I got something else instead. It was my choice... I pay monthly to make my own decisions". <_<

3-LV26 Blm- this one acted as if she knew everything. She came up with the brilliant idea "Lets all move to Yohoator Jungle!!". At lv26 this is suicide. So we go there anyway.... we arrive there and this genius says "Ok... everything here will eat us alive, lets go kill things on the other side of zone". Its all fine and dandy... except that nothing but gobs spawn there. Its not really a problem for her... because she isn't the one who is doing all the pulling!!! :angry:

I swear to God... this game attracts some of the dumbest and most stupid ppl on this planet. <_<

Edited by Abombz!!

Well, I got two good parties today so I'm happy. Last pull we did tonight was an acrophies... Took down two of our vokers leaving me and one other (bard), and the two mages (who were out at the end). I had been down to a couple HP a few times, and we were just hitting it for 0... finally the battle turned after it took down the two other melees and I used mighty strikes and brought it down.

We got 200xp from it. It was crazy.

That was our second messed up pull too.. The first one was a Dancing Weapon that we were doing fine on until a giant ranger spawned right next to it. So I voked the ranger and ran for the tower, and called for help... a whole bunch of people showed. Unfortunately, I didn't know CFH does it to both mobs :( So we ended up loosing the XP for the dancing weapon we had no troubles with. (my plan was to get the giant away and let the rest of them finish the weapon without me since they weren't having any problems with it, and I didn't want to just zone because then the giant would just lumber back over there and start taking them out again). A few of them had known what I did, but there were a couple who were wondering why they didn't get XP... I apologised profusely but then they all responded that it was the only thing that could have been done to save the party (because the first thing it did was aggro the mages) so it was no biggie. ^_^

But they did get me about 1000xp over only about an hour. :D

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

I was at Katsucon tis weekend in Virginia and happened to see a girl dressed as a Mithra. The bad news is that I left my camera in my car and couldn't get a picture  :(  Of course, once I had my camera I never saw her again that weekend :(

Bah! Bah!!! BAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate you now!

:p

Oh yeah, and I finally got a LS. I had to do the pity thing, you know, "i've been this long without a LS" and "I have a friend with a pearlsack who refuses to give me one" and whadda ya know, it worked.

:lol::p

No, I had pretty good parties the last two days. First party today was surviving 3 VT-IT gob links without a scratch, until one of us got killed and some people had to leave, so we all moved outside and told the party leader (who was a SAM, but obviously a n00b in most things) to pull some clips for quick XP. Well, he pulls a pug. We kill it, and tell him to pull a clip this time... He pulls a pug agian and it links :rolleyes: then he says he has to go to Khazam so he leaves and disbands the party but we see him not 5 minuites later with a LFP sign. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So then I got in with a party with a girl I partied with once in Qufim when she was a war a long time ago (she hit 30 war and has since been working on DRK) and we've kinda struck up a friendship... And things were going great. She was a 22 even and with me and one other 24 we were still getting excellent XP. I was even complimented on my tanking skills (and got my LP :) ). Then something went way wrong and the party was being pwn3d left and right by every aggro and their brother. One guy ended up dying 4-5 times :blink: I died 2 or 3 times :blink: But we stayed togeather, kept at it, and ended up getting most of the party some lvls including me to lvl 25 :) And then I ran into one of the guys who didn't lvl in Bastok and he wants me to help him tomorrow get lvl 25.

So I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere :)

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

DIdn't do anything special yesterday.

I lved my whm with a friend for a few hours, but once he left the party went to crap. Our main tank and puller was a coward and refused to pull anything other then tough flies. And he would start yelling at me to heal him if his HP dropped 50 points bellow max. And he wouldn't do anything unless his hp was full. He also would pull sheep and complain to me whenever I couldn't keep him healed and wake the party up at the same time. :rolleyes:

Then I went to help a couple of friend kill the emissary dragon. Easy fight, except for me and the whm Vostok pted with on saturday, the pt was between lv22 and 18. Easy fight, no one got cursed.

And then we stuck in Giddeus and helped them get Giddeus keys for Kazham. Took us 30 minutes for the first key and 2 hours for the second.... I even lved to lv27 there. :lol:

Edited by Abombz!!

Then I went to help a couple of friend kill the emissary dragon. Easy fight, except for me and the whm Vostok pted with on saturday, the pt was between lv22 and 18. Easy fight, no one got cursed.

You could get her to help us ;):p

Vostok 7