Bandai 1/72 Mac Frontier VF-25F Alto armored - newbie help

Kaldar5

So, will the re-release next month be improved quality? I see alot of people here are not big fans of the Bandai models.

I'm a new modeler, would one of these this be a nightmare for me? Or should I be waiting around awhile for the Hasegawa 1/72's to start my hobby?

I would like a VF-25 alto with a armor or tornado pack, or a VF-29; but since I am just starting I am not stuck on 1/72, 1/60 would be ok too.

Any suggestions?

Both are good. I have both. They have locking holes to jeep the legs supported while in fighter mode. Also they have support piece in gerwalk mode as well and wing support for battroid mode. I would advise to remove the booster while doing transformation as they can get in the way and also a little heavy. By all means avoid Super Parts.

602902_10151194546667861_328684148_n.jpg

561646_10151073011142861_358988967_n.jpg

408780_10151081774157861_1181735202_n.jp

546996_10151155316112861_690363090_n.jpg

Highly Doubt it. There have been no new 1/72 releases since the limited 25G Tornado set.

After that Bandai sorta went the way of the Renewals and there have been no new 1/72 mac frontier releases or announcements. You could say the line is pretty much dead in terms of new releases.

• 3 weeks later...

I've posted some shots of my workbench (currently the VF-25S Armored) this thread here...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35120&p=1022950

Thanks for the link! I saw that earilier, but lost track of where I saw it.

Is there anything you can reccomened as "essential" to improve the look of the 1/72 Bandai snap kits that is short of airbrushing the entire thing?

Like doing a soot wash for the thrusters (lotta thrusters on the armored packs) or Gundam/Sakura markers on the seam lines?

It seems like the metalic coat on the internal parts really makes a big difference.

...now I may be completely mistaken, but I saw one post where you said "I wouldn't know what to do with an airbrush... Does that mean you mask and spraycan??

Edited by Kaldar5

• 2 weeks later...

Panel line and clear coat all the parts so they're less shiny would be a good basic first step. I wouldn't panel line with the Gundam Markers though, a little too dark and wide - unless you're good at wiping away the excess with alcohol (I think there's a technique for that which I don't know).

I'm not sure what you're referring to about not airbrushing, but I wouldn't know how to paint with a regular brush anymore since I almost mask and paint everything tiny thing with an airbrush nowadays. I never use spraycans as its too thick and doesn't afford me the level of control I need.

Good luck!