Which one should come down?

logos

Which one Should come down for the VF-4?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these should come down to make room for my VF-4 that should be coming in the mail soon?

I would also take the SDF-1 from the shelf. Not only for scale issues (how tall is Devastator in comparison with the VF-19?) but also the glossy finish of the other two display pieces would detract from the SDF-1.

I wouldn't put the VF-4 up there but another glossy toy like the VF-19 Blazer or one of the Frontier Valks maybe the VF-27 Lucifer Custom (if you still have it). And I would make a shelf with the VF-4, a VF-1 and the SDF-1.

In my opinion the VF-4 is a little bit to pale color-wise compared with the bright green and purple that is Devastator and the sheer redness that is the VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie.

The VF-4 is such a great toy so it deserves a spotlight on your display.

Edited by Scyla

Well you all voted. And Devastator came down......awwwwww.........

post-9075-0-46960700-1357665466_thumb.jpg

post-9075-0-08993700-1357665598_thumb.jpg

post-9075-0-28084000-1357665515_thumb.jpg

post-9075-0-42557300-1357665651_thumb.jpg

Devastator/Hercules is still in my office though.....

post-9075-0-14739500-1357665733_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

the DEVASTATOR, easy.

i mean, DEVASTATOR means something to me, too, as i have fond memories

of playing with the individual DEVASTATOR vehicles that one of my nephews had over at my grandma's place back in the late '80s.

the DEVASTATOR connection parts were missing, but they were still fun for an 8/9year old to play with.

that said, at least IMO, just about any MACROSS VF holds to an adult's more sophisticated expectctations

than most any TAKARA/HASBRO TRANS-FORMER, especially examples such as DEVASTATOR.

again, my best advice; lose the DEVASTATOR, embrace MACROSS with all available gusto... :)

Man, I voted the 19, but I now think the SDF-1. I agree with what Benson13 said about the colors. It's how I run my display too. I like to keep things balanced as far as colors go. I would never take down that Devastator.

Ah nvm, I just saw the display with the VF-4. Well done :)

I know it's too late for my opinion, and I'm sure it won't matter much, but I honestly think that the VF-4 isn't visually impressive enough to replace any of the 3 you originally had up there.

Devastator and the SDF-1 are classics. Most people who grew up watching Transformers and Robotech/Macross from the 80s would recognize them. They would make for conversation pieces. The VF-19 is not as recognizable as those 2, but it was still the poster valk for Macross 7. And the bright colots and Sound Booster make it an attention grabber.

The VF-4 is an obscure valkyrie. The battroid mode isn't really eye-catching compared to the VF-19. And while the fighter mode is sleek, I'm sure most people won't even know that it's a transformable valkyrie and will just think it's a model of a fighter plane or something. In my opinion, a stranger would only most likely be impressed with the VF-4 if they watched you transform it between modes. But that takes effort and would require you to take it down every now and then.

Just my two cents.