VMF50, Dollfie, and Dolls thread

Kicker773

I probably need to unload my stash and their accessories. I've managed to accumulate a lot. It began with the Risa vmf50 doll, then Minmay and then so forth. I have series model 1-6 including the sonic version. I stopped there since I was loosing interest.

The only one I don't have is the Kanu special one.

Too rich for my blood, and too large for the limited space in my display room. It would also require a pretty large display case, as leaving something like this out in the open is a bad idea. Cleaning the dust from the hair and clothes would be a nightmare.

alas, the only Minmay-chan♥ doll i have, and the only one i'll likely ever be able to afford,

the old 1997 TAKARA/YELLOW SUBMARINE 15th Anniv. 11in. based on TAKARA's "Jenny" fashion doll series.

i immediately replaced her mediocre standard Jenny doll body with a vastly superior "OBITSU" 27cm.

made her some decent Panties too, as the ones she came with were total cheap garbage.

now, if i can only just manage now to make her a decent set of actual vinyl "Pleather" boots and gloves.

i've attempted it once, so far, but i wasn't satisfied with the results. it's NOT easy to do, at this scale, i'll tell you that much;

Minmay199715th11in110-31-1211.jpg

JOHNsMACROSScollection5-7-122-1.jpg

- i tend to feel i was much more successful with the custom cosplay i made for my larger scale "Shaorin" doll,

at least as far as those difficult boots and gloves were concerned;

ShaorinShichiriasLynnMinmay.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

• 3 weeks later...
Nope. And I love Anne's Catwoman. I'm waiting to see Sideshow's comic book version.

Got a reason for your dislike of rooted hair? I've pre-ordered TDKR Catwoman, though. I've never bought a figure with rooted hair before, so I wouldn't know what to expect.

There's a comic book version from Sideshows?

BTW, if you're into PlayArts Kai figs, the video game version they're releasing look pretty good.

stays on pretty good. Didn't get a time to clean the closet. Had to finish wiring the display table. Wiring done. Going to stabilize the frame holder/edges for the glass and finish it.

Just curious here; how do you plan to lift that glass top off? Doesn't look like there's a notch or knob to pull it up. Or are you using one of those high-power suction cups to lift it?

Edited by GU-11

Got a reason for your dislike of rooted hair? I've never bought a figure with rooted hair before, so I wouldn't know what to expect.

I grew up with model kits and figures, and now I teach PS and 3D as well hand's on sculpturing, so whenever I see rooted hair I feel those artist trades are robbed by something that doesn't even look as good due to the forced scaling down.

And it's also too close to real, and yet very frankenstein.

Its pretty easy to lift up the glass top. You will need two people though because it is heavy. I put some rubber risers underneath or ontop of the table to keep the glass from rubbing the table. Its almost done =) Finally proud of this one. Repainted the aluminum angle after I drilled holes on them so I can screw them onto the board. My goals is to have this thing done tonight but we'll see.

I grew up with model kits and figures, and now I teach PS and 3D as well hand's on sculpturing, so whenever I see rooted hair I feel those artist trades are robbed by something that doesn't even look as good due to the forced scaling down.

And it's also too close to real, and yet very frankenstein.

I see your point. They can't possibly make hair to be in scale with a 1/6th scale figure, so the synthetic hair would much thicker and coarser.

HT tries not to use rooted hair if they can help it, but in Catwoman's case, it was either that or make a separate hairpiece for when she's riding the Bat-pod.

Its pretty easy to lift up the glass top. You will need two people though because it is heavy. I put some rubber risers underneath or ontop of the table to keep the glass from rubbing the table. Its almost done =) Finally proud of this one. Repainted the aluminum angle after I drilled holes on them so I can screw them onto the board. My goals is to have this thing done tonight but we'll see.

Looking forward to seeing the table with the Tumbler inside it.

BTW, and this is getting even more off-topic, I finally got around to fixing up a little pet project of my own, namely that spray station of mine. Use the cardboard packaging of my DETOLF glass cabinet and fashion a seal for the window to keep the exhaust fumes from blowing back in my face. Cut a hole for the spray booth and made some flaps to cover the gap caused by the booth's upward tilt.

Not exactly a masterpiece of workmanship, but it does its job well enough. I'm using this a "prototype" before making a proper one from either MDF (rather heavy, so probably not) or plywood.

Edited by GU-11

Cleaned up the closet and laid them out. (3 VMF50 dolls aren't picture - Minmay, Risa with Minmay Chinese dress, and Custom Miu - they were in the other room and I was too lazy to get them in the picture.

doll10.jpg

Meet the Girls (Never been taken out of their boxes, just the shippers box)

Miu, Risa, Miki

doll11.jpg

Yumi, Ami, Nao

doll12.jpg

Risa (tanned version), Super Sonico Doll, Extra Body

doll13.jpg

The Hairs

doll1.jpg

The Shoes

doll2.jpg

The wardrobes I've managed to collect with the help of a few folks on here

doll3.jpg

doll4.jpg

doll5.jpg

doll6.jpg

doll7.jpg

doll8.jpg

doll9.jpg

Edited by Kicker773

• 1 month later...

Still anticipating the Catwoman version of the VMF50 that I saw at Comicon.. =( I wonder if its vaporware already..

I honestly don't know what to make if this Dolphie Catwoman. It's undoubtedly a very pretty figure as far as Japanese anime-esque dolls go, but embodies none of the attitude and sexiness of the character.