VF-4 scratchbuild from Model Graphix 209 & 210

dialNforNinja

I've seen the front and back battroid images linked here and there, but not at very high resolution, and nothing on the fighter mode (mentioned as shown in 209, and even further off the line art than the battroid, but even if it's not the "real" VF-4 it still looked pretty cool) or how it transformed. Anyone have some that they can share? This would have been from 2009ish iirc so it's not like posting them would hurt their sales...

While I'm at it, has anyone ever actually built an S.H.E. Pheyos? I've never seen a single picture of it except the two peices of line art and scans of the front of the box... one that shows what the legs do in ufo/jet mode would be favorite.

(double post rather than an edit because my access is via PSP and input box length is sharply limited)

Awesome! Thanks Ignacio, though I'm afraid nothing so earth shatteringly awesome as the Yamato VF-4 is on offer even on my best day. As for the other, I did eventually find a couple of lowish res scanned pages from the Pheyos instructions that show how the legs work, but that's it. Seriously, you'd think someone would have put up an image gallery after building it, most modelers live to show off their work... as I well know, though none of my customs or 3d projects are closer than "Macross-ish."

The Yamato can still drop and fire its center hull/torso missiles, though, this one would launch them straight into its armpits and explode. I'm not really feeling the upper legs, either... I don't mind the feet, though the Yamato's look less Gundamish and therefore better.

Edit to add: Yeah, really looking at it, I think the only things I prefer here are the slightly sloped shoulders from the anhedral on the wings, and the way the rear sensor pod gets folded away instead of sticking way out behind it like the official art. The best parts are the head, arms, lower legs and shoulders, which are all line art-style and hence pretty close on to the Yamato version. What does this tell me? That my F-Off Scale VF-4, should I ever actually get into it, will be mostly like the Yamato except for having more downward cant (aka anhedral) to the wings, and folding away the tail in battroid.

How big am I talking? Big enough to put my Yorkie dog in the cockpit and take cute pictures. I'd probably be mainly working in carboard with wooden frame parts (and a stand to hold it up) and putty to seal it for painting. Call it 1/10 or so... B))

But, I barely stick through my 3d modeling projects on the computer, let alone anything that requires prep and cleamup time... probably never happen.

Dear god it would be cool though...

- dNN

Edited by dialNforNinja

Ugh.. I like the battroid, especially the way they made the feet, even if it isn't canon... but that fighter mode is a mess. I don't know why they pushed the intakes back so far, and it unbalances the entire design that way.

At first I figured it was for transformation purposes, but it doesn't look like it actually transforms, just that the parts can be built into either mode.

I think both of those modes are interesting interpretations and the Battroid in particular is very imposing (save for the incredibly stupid feet) but I like the Yamato better because it's damn near the look of the lineart in all three modes and can actually transform. The Battroid here, while cool, is too busy and doesn't at all look like a Kawamori design.