Suidobashi Heavy Industry: And your Dreams come True! Real Mech&#3

Dear God, it looks like a VOTOMs. I wonder how much it will cost, as well as how refined the final product will be. The fact that they are making this available for public purchase raises my eye a little, especially since it looks like it has mini weapons attached and uses property of other companies such as Microsoft and Apple.

Either way, it is rediculously cool, and is putting us all a step closer to our dreams of piloting a real robot. Also, looks like the gov. will need to install new vehicle regulations regarding robots as well :p

:D

I presume the price will be around $40k to $50k. Maybe higher. I can't see anything lower than that. So I guess what I am saying is ask yourself this: Do you want

a) A boatload of toys

b) A BMW 325i

c) Giant Robot thing

I still think I'd pick option "c" :D

Well, instead of a 'mech I wish they or someone else would develop the first skin-job type of Cylon. I would love to wake up to my very own copy of Ariel Rebel or Scarlett 'Jo...

I presume the price will be around $40k to $50k. Maybe higher. I can't see anything lower than that. So I guess what I am saying is ask yourself this: Do you want

a) A boatload of toys

b) A BMW 325i

c) Giant Robot thing

I still think I'd pick option "c" :D

Giant robot crushes BMW filled with toys. End of.

Well, instead of a 'mech I wish they or someone else would develop the first skin-job type of Cylon. I would love to wake up to my very own copy of Ariel Rebel or Scarlett 'Jo...

Add Kate Beckinsale to that delicious catalogue, and I'm in. What I'm saying, I'm already in with a standard model. LOL

This one brings the old Dougram designs to mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgBNjdwYdvE

I suspect companies like John Deere et. al. have got a leg up on the competition when it comes to robotics, but un-sexy commercial sectors like the logging industry means this stuff goes largely ignored(?)

ed: what was really cool was the vids on the slaved hand controls, about 3/4 down the pg at that above link. pretty fascinating--although the [control] response delays were pretty long...

Edited by reddsun1