Why don't Yamato makes Mospeada Toys?

The epic fail by CM corp, Toynami and Aoshima in their efforts to make a quality Mospeada screams for Yanato to make Mosoeada toys.

Aside from the Beagle which I think is the absolute best cycle ever, I think Yamato should make Mospeada toys. Yamato can do both the Alphs Fighters and the cyclones. Not sure what a good sizable scale would be for the Alpha Fighters or cyclones but hopefully a good one.

Lots of potential for repaints and other desired color scheme. Definitely good for army builders!

Well Beagle did show the rook proto! But why is Mospeada considered a failed show? It was certainly a better recognition than the southerncross. Besides, the 80s had those matchbox harmony gold 4" figures from all 3 robotech shows.

Well Beagle did show the rook proto! But why is Mospeada considered a failed show? It was certainly a better recognition than the southerncross. Besides, the 80s had those matchbox harmony gold 4" figures from all 3 robotech shows.

Saying it has better recognition than a show that almost Nobody likes, that couldn't even finish it's original run in the 80's, isn't exactly a strong argument for why it would be a profitable property to licence now.

Well Beagle did show the rook proto! But why is Mospeada considered a failed show? It was certainly a better recognition than the southerncross.

post-1819-0-49433800-1331141036_thumb.jpg

This from Roger Harkavy's Imai Files PDF you can find online. It's pretty damning proof of Mospeada's failure.

Southern Cross isn't really any more or less recognized than Mospeada is in Japan. It's more due to its lack of merchandise because both Takatoku and Imai had hit major financial problems in 1984. There's also the Big West and Tatsunoko split between licensing in Japan.

While Star Trek was initially a cult classic, it moved on to become a general science-fiction success in the 80's to mid 90's, thanks to a series of movies and TV sequels. Star Trek then became an overall success thanks to the 2009 movie. Mospeada, on the hand, hasn't moved past its status as a cult classic.

Mospeada is a cult classic IMO...

it's just another 80's robot show. There's nearly three dozen of those. I'm not trying to pass judgement on its content, but you have to understand that Japan's disposable pop culture has created hundreds of "cult classics." The only remarkable thing about it was the mechanical designs which, both past and present, have been poor sellers as far as merchandise goes.

While Star Trek was initially a cult classic, it moved on to become a general science-fiction success in the 80's to mid 90's, thanks to a series of movies and TV sequels. Star Trek then became an overall success thanks to the 2009 movie. Mospeada, on the hand, hasn't moved past its status as a cult classic.

As far as anime is concerned Star Trek has more in common with both the original Gundam and Space Battleship Yamato. All three performed poorly ratings wise during their original run and eventually got cut down and cancelled. It was reruns that gave a chance for each series to really take off.

Mospeada has more in common with Space: Above and Beyond(Space 2063 for the euros) a show people remember, liked the mechanical designs from, but never caught on and remains a blip on the radar and nothing else.

Edited by renegadeleader1

Why not do it the Hollywood way? Reboot the anime with current animation advancement, write better plot and script, and get hasbro to mass product the toylines!

*jk, I know, but hey, it might work.... :p

Would you buy one in a boat with a goat eating some oats?

I would buy at least one in the rain,

and in the dark,

on a train,

in a car,

in a tree,

it would be so good, so good you see!

So I will buy one in a box,

and with a fox,

and in a house,

and with a mouse.

I will buy them here and there.

Say!