Yamato V2 1/60 VE-1 & VT-1

rdenham

I believe they both were. The VE-1 sold out quicker than the VT-1, as it seemed right after the VE-1 was gone from HLJ, it was gone from everywhere. The VT-1 was still around for a bit after, but not too long. They should re-release those, along with the VF-1J Max/Miriya.

It's kind of strange actually, it seems those 4 valks never got a reissue at all. Well, maybe the VT-1, since I remember seeing it around for longer, and the initial run had shoulder problems.

The VT-1 I'm really surprised at, since it plays such a large role in DYRL. But the others.. well, the VE-1 sadly had all of 5 seconds of screentime. Ever. It's iconic in it's own way, but it's also one of the most obscure craft from the movie, and has a pretty small but adoring fanbase. I don't get the feeling that it ever sold well really. It's also one of the rarest of the original Takatoku's, and I'd guess that's also because it didn't sell very well, and they never made that many.

As for the M&Ms.. Either those don't sell well, or Yamato doesn't think they will sell well. I think they got the impression that they're shelf warmers from all the leftovers of the 1/48 bundles. Those were still on sale at HLJ clear into the v.2 1/60th release of the same valks I think. They were some of the last 1/48s made, and I think by the time they came out, interest had dwindled, and they just didn't sell. Come time for the new release, they just never made as many.

Plus, with the M&Ms, they always come with their own fancy fast packs.. so the only way to get them is to shell out for the bundle, which may turn off some buyers.

It's kinda sad that the M & M sold so quickly, but never got re-released. I'm pretty sure it does have to do with the 1/48 sales. It takes me back to the Star Wars action figures. Like Boba Fett, Max and Milia are prominent background characters, and everybody loves them, but the toy company isn't sure what to do with it. I remember the exclusive Boba-Fett mail in character. Everyone was sending in the Proof of purchase stamps to get it. I got one, but they probably got so bombarded with the mail ins, they decided to make it a regular purchasable figure. After that happened, they were all over every Toys R Us, Fedco, Best, etc. Then they disappear again, and everyone wants them. I have my old v.1 Max still, but sold the Milia. I'll wait for a reissue, and if they don't come, I'll save up for it eventually, but no rush.