My Valkyrie concepts

Frogze

How did I miss this thread :(

The designs are great and if you just slipped them into the macross mechanical manual as a concept I doubt most would notice, they look very Kawamori.

I used to do sketches of transformers and battletech about 20 years ago on paper. Not really done any proper artistic drawing since then. Seeing these has really made me want to bust out a, pen and pad, and maybe use my Wacom tablet for something other than a mouse mat.

Mr March I love the way that you colour the individual parts to aid in location. I have used your idea when drawing plans out in 3D for computer parts and concepts.

Edited by big F

• 1 month later...

Thanks a LOT BigF and pfunk! and please excuse my late response here guys, your kindness is much appreciated

As I've got a little more time to try new things this weekend I tried to do an animated gif and did somekind of flipbook of a flight scene. It's wonky and showed me how ignorant I am, but the fun of making it still makes me want to share it, so here it is :)

valk-21-w.gif

@Macross_Fanboy : Thanks! The head design is not the thing I'm most proud of but for the prototype it'll do. Anyway I thought of this as a stealth valk that turns into a ninja-like battroid so the "S" type visor should work well when I get to the point of doing some vaiants. But so far the protype still needs to be tested in action (more test flights soon) :)

@>EXO< : Thanks for the support man! and LOL! I've heard so many bad things about TSC that I still haven't mustered up enough courage to watch it! I defintely will though and I'm sure it's not THAT bad anyway :lol:

@VF-15 : Dude, you can : If you really want , all you have to do is grab a pen and start somewhere in the white page ^_^

@Ganbare : Thanks a lot, i'm glad you like it!

@bigF : Thanks! I'm sure there are more specific tools for creating animated gifs out there on the web but I've draw each frame separetely on a different layer in GIMP2 and then saved it as gif (choose option "export as animated GIF" and set time between frames at 100ms). Let me know when you try it!

Thanks for watching!

Edited by Frogze