Where did this image came from?

Clay Cliff

macross-vf-4-all.jpg

It could be a Model Graphix magazine, I'd like to know the number. I need some info about the VF-4 for a modelling project, and it's a little difficult to find. Thanks a lot in advance. Best regards.

José.

P.S. If this message was posted in the wrong section, Admin, please move it to the proper one.

Wow! That was quick...

I just happened to be looking through them/cleaning the bookshelf shelf in the past day or two...

Personally I like the VF-4's battroid mode. NOT because it looks great or is the best battroid mode designed. Because of the thought that went into it to create a battroid mode for a fighter mode that basically wasn't designed to transform into a battroid mode.

... and yes, I think the VB-6 is even more genius. Not only do we have a battroid mode that looks like the Destroid Monster, but the fighter mode looks like the space shuttle! (Again, I don't think the design looks like the best battroid/fighter designed to date.)

Model Graphix Number 291, 2009 February

The fighter mode is from the Number 290, 2009 January issue. Scans used in the fighter mode picture here: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/Statistics/VF-4/VF-4.html

I saw that link a few months ago, what model is exactly that VF-4, its a toy, model kit or what? Its totally different from the Club-M, Musasiya and the others I saw, any one know?

I saw that link a few months ago, what model is exactly that VF-4, its a toy, model kit or what? Its totally different from the Club-M, Musasiya and the others I saw, any one know?

It's a 1/72 scratchbuild resin kit scultured by Genpachi Tokaimura and modeled by Masanobu Oka ;)

Tokaimura has also scratchbuild the VF-4 battroid.

I got a soft spot for this mech. I really, really *LOVE* the fighter. The batroid is very unique. Don't know if I've ever seen it's gerwalk...

I hope Yamato takes a stab at this. I agree with >EXO< that it has a LOT of potential. I use to dislike the YF-21 Batroid until the 1:60 was released. Hopefully a good toy of this figure will swing some fans in favor of this unique mech.

I digress.

This is one of the most beautiful scratch builds of that era. Take that with a grain of salt from a big fan of the VF-4. :)

I got a soft spot for this mech. I really, really *LOVE* the fighter. The batroid is very unique. Don't know if I've ever seen it's gerwalk...

If my memory is right, the VF-4 release by Club-M can be assemble in the fighter version or the gerwalk version.