The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

I thought that Jericho's "Man of 1004 holds" bit was hilarious (back when he was feuding with Dean Malenko).

"Hold #1: Armbar"

"Hold #2: Armbar"

"Hold #3: Sleeper Hold"

"Hold #4: Armbar"

and so on..

He also had the classic line of, "Hey, Lenny Lane, I want my Loverboy tape back!"

Too bad he's been stuck in HHH's wake for the last 2 years. That man seriously needs to get another steroids induced ligament tear or something (but it looks like he's been off the juice for a while--he's no longer the impossibly cut HHH of 3 years ago; in fact, he looks kind of pudgy) so that other talent can get time to run with the ball.

is it official then that goldberg left.. went to wwe website no news there..

Looks like he will be around at least until after the Royal Rumble. ;)

Edited by NSJ23

Last's night RAW for the most part was crap. Again to the WWE: End this stupid Jericho/Trish crap. Nobody cares. The Sheriff Austin bit is lame. I love the guy, but Ric Flair, its time to hang it up. Goldberg returned. The HHH/HBK interview segment was nauseating.

Randy Orton vs RVD was a good match. And for once a main event didn't end with DQ or run in etc. Just a pinfall.

Hey only 5 Final Fantasy X-2 commericals this week. Unlike the 12 last week. lol

*nods in agreement with dejr8bud's post*

And WTF is with this "Foley is a coward" angle? If it's going somewhere, just tell us already! If Foley is returning for the Rumble, tell us, because otherwise I'm already getting sick of it!

I think this Foley coward angle has lasted longer than he was on TV for recently. This angle needs to end.

Last night Jim Ross kept on saying Nassau Colisieum(which is NY) is the home for Wrestlemania 20. I thought WM 20 was at Madison Sqaure Garden(which is in NY). Sigh I remember wrestling before Wrestlemania....lol

Did anyone catch RAW last night? What a load of crap! Austin's still cutting promos on bringing Mick Foley back. Randy Orton and Mark Henry are getting pushes they don't deserve. And Goldberg's fight was nothing more than a snooze-fest. BTW, it became a triple-threat at the last minute because Scott Steiner refused to job to Goldberg.

On the bright side, Triple-H wasn't around.

Stay tuned this Sunday for the Royal Rumble recap.

Yep, yet another snoozer of a RAW. I agree with A7 about Orton. I think he could be a good enough heel on his own, but he'll never have an serious heat while he's part of this Evolution garbage. At least he can win matches without stupid run-ins all the time. Or a sledgehammer. <_<

The Rumble is looking like a turd. A real floater, too.

Last week on Squared Circle: Talk on Professional Wrestling, we discussed a lot of things concerning the WWE:

- Brian "Spanky" Kendrick has left the WWE because he was unhappy with the direction of his character. He should've been grateful to even wrestle on Velocity, unlike Kanyon - a more experienced wrestler with a better persona, yet completely ignored by the WWE.

- Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit: two wrestlers who are more deserving of the Championship than the entire WWE roster combined, yet held back for so long. We're thinking that the whole Eddie/Chavo feud will lead to Eddie feuding with Kurt Angle. Have them wrestle before and after WrestleMania and you're guaranteed a score of excellent matches. And if Angle puts Eddie over, have Eddie face Brock Lesnar for the WWE title. As for Benoit, send him to RAW ASAP and have him face Triple-H at WrestleMania.

- The WWE is known for churning in new talent. But when is new talent "too new?" Randy Orton and John Cena - two men with skills and personality, but their time hasn't come yet to shine at the top. Especially Orton, who was given the I-C title prematurely. Or could he be the next Rock?

Tune in this Friday night at 9:00 (Pacific Time) on the Cable Radio Network (CRN) for the final taping of Squared Circle.

Heres some wrestling tidbits. Looks like Chris Benoit is going to RAW.

During the backstage meetings that took place before Raw and the Smackdown Tapings, Vince McMahon told all of the WWE superstars that they are not allowed to talk to the wrestling press. This news most likely is due to the fact that Vince has gotten very upset and frustrated that many plans and ideas for Wrestlemania 20 have been leaked to the general public. Vince also stated that if he did find out that someone was leaking information to the press, then he would fire that person on the spot.

Brock Lesnar, who has lately become something of a "locker room leader" to the SD superstars, spoke up during the meeting and agreed with most of McMahon's points. Vince also went on to critique a few wrestlers and even went as far as embarrassing them.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

WWE officials told many of the superstars backstage to look at the "Y2J" Chris Jericho/Mark Henry match from last week on Raw to see how to really build a story during a match.

Most superstars backstage feel that, if the stories and rumors about Chris Benoit jumping to Raw are true, the only reason he's being brought in is to help put over Triple H.

As many of you know, WWE management has gone to certain superstars and told them that they shouldn't use certain moves in their in-ring arsenal anymore. The most notable of wrestlers who have been asked to not perform moves recently is the Hurricane, who was told to stop using the Vertibreaker (his old finisher in WCW) due to the possibility of neck injury to his opponent, and the chokeslam because it's Kane's finisher and WWE officials felt that a guy of Hurricane's size couldn't pull off that move.

Well, now add Goldberg to that list. Officials have asked Goldberg to stop using the Jackhammer as his finisher, because they feel that the Spear is more over and because it's so effective, the Jackhammer isn't really needed. Unfortunately for WWE management, it doesn't look like Goldberg will be paying any attention to their wishes about his finishing maneuver anytime soon. Goldberg knows that there is a good chance that he could be gone from the WWE after Wrestlemania 20 and because of this, doesn't feel the need to change around his persona to suit the company's wishes.

Interesting stuff, dejr8bud. I'd like to see Benoit go over to RAW, but if it's for the sole purpose of putting the "Ghey-muh" over then I'll put my fist thru the television. HHH already has a roster full of wrestlers who exist only to job to him, so why drag Benoit down?

Actually, I think the entire lineup needs to be shuffled after Wrestlemania. Things are getting kind of stale* and we need some fresh rivalries.

*gross understatement

Is that your GF in the second pic A7?

Hahahahaha. You got to meet Al Snow.........did he bring the HEAD with him?

Who else signed your t-shirt?

Who else is coming to RVD's store in the future?

Hahahahaha. You got to meet Al Snow.........did he bring the HEAD with him?

Who else signed your t-shirt?

Who else is coming to RVD's store in the future?

1. Nope. That gimmick died a long time ago. At least he autographed a fan's "HEAD."

2. Ivory, RVD and Lita.

3. As for next month, stand back! There's a Hurricane coming through...

BTW, has anyone read RD Reynold's Wrestlecrap book? I bought it right before Christmas and got done with it a few weeks ago. Though it has a lot of stuff that has been brought up on the web site before, it was still an entertaining read.

Can't wait for the Death of the WCW book. B))

What a way to start the road to WrestleMania. Despite having a few bad matches, the Royal Rumble was a surprisingly good PPV.

WWE Tag Team Championship - Table Match

Ric Flair & Batista def. The Dudley Boyz after Batista slammed D-Von through a table.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Rey Mysterio def. Jamie Noble with the 619 and a springboard leg drop after a blind Nidia accidentally tripped Noble.

Family Issues

Eddie Guerrero destroyed Chavo Guerrero with the frog splash. After the match, Eddie continued to beat up both Chavo Sr. and Chavo Jr.

WWE Championship

Brock Lesnar annihilated Hardcore Holly with the F-5. This match just did not live up to its expectations, as it ran too short and Holly didn't give enough offense.

World Heavyweight Championship - Last Man Standing

Triple-H and Shawn Michaels fought to a draw after both men failed to get up before the 10-count. Worst match of the night.

The Royal Rumble

Unfortunately, I don't have the complete list of participants and eliminations, but here are the major highlights of tonight's Rumble:

- Shortly after Kane entered the ring, the next participant was about to make his entrance. Then the lights went out and a funeral bell rang. Kane stopped and stared at the entrance, only to be eliminated by Booker T. Before leaving, he choke-slammed an incoming Spike Dudley.

- Later on, Test was supposed to come out next, but he was nowhere near the TitanTron. Backstage, officials surrounded an unconsious Test. Austin went to the scene and told someone else in the back to just go. The sound of a car crash filled the arena. Mick Foley has returned! He immediately gave Randy Orton a lesson in hardcore wrestling. Even after eliminating each other, they still continued to brawl at ringside. During the whole melee, Foley whacked Pat Patterson with the steel steps. At the entrance, Foley was setting Mr. Socko up for Orton when Nunzio made his way to the ring. The F.B.I. cruiserweight got a taste of the Mandible Claw before Orton gave Foley a low blow.

- Goldberg was setting Big Show up for the Jackhammer when, from out of nowhere, Brock Lesnar attacked him and gave him the F-5. Looks like my predictions were right. Goldberg's moving to SmackDown! to face Lesnar at WrestleMania.

- Chris Benoit is only the second wrestler to win the Rumble from the #1 position. (The first was Shawn Michaels in 1995.)

Winner: Chris Benoit

Edited by areaseven

Sweet! The Canadian Crippler gets a shot at the RAW title, to bad that they still probably won't give it to him at WM20, Again I say Die HHH Die.

Lesnar Vs. Goldberg = YAWN!!

Does that mean that Benoit will challenge Triple H (or Lesnar) for the championship?

I guess that means Angle won't get a shot at the WWE Championship anytime soon. :(

Are they setting up Lesnar vs. Goldberg for the main event at Wrestlemania 20?

Does that mean that Benoit will challenge Triple H (or Lesnar) for the championship?

I guess that means Angle won't get a shot at the WWE Championship anytime soon. :(

Are they setting up Lesnar vs. Goldberg for the main event at Wrestlemania 20?

Well, here's what's going to happen: Lesnar just started a feud with Goldberg earlier tonight. Because of this, Goldberg jumps to SmackDown! to get his revenge. Meanwhile, Eric Bischoff will demand that Paul Heyman should give him a SmackDown! superstar. That would be Benoit. A feud between him and the Evolution was already hinted when Flair, Batista and Orton interrupted his interview.

Bad news: John Cena may be out of commission. When he was thrown out of the ring, he landed at a bad angle where he probably fractured his ankle. Such an injury may put him on the sidelines for up to a year.

DAMN! When he said "Y'all can't see me!" I guess he was right. :(

But at least he's one of those Smackdown superstars that has great MIC skills (it reminds me of when Angle and Austin were injured a year or two back). I hope his injury doesn't sideline him too long, he's one of the biggest (and WWE Champion potential) Smackdown superstars going on right now.

Here's an update on John Cena

As many of you saw, John Cena landed hard on his leg and knee when Big Show tossed him over the top rope last night to eliminate him in the Royal Rumble. Doctors & trainers came down to check on Cena's condition, and then helped him to the back.

While on TV, it looked like Cena might have blown out his knee or ankle on his landing, he was fine once he got backstage and was walking around on the leg without any problems.

Credit: wrestlingobserver.com

So HHH vs HBK fought to a draw? ugh At least Benoit won the Rumble. That's cool. He's been one of my favorites since he was in ECW.

Here's some more stuff. Take this with a grain of salt of course

Despite many fans feeling "ripped off" by the double knockout in the Triple H vs. HBK match at the Royal Rumble, sources report that Hunter, Shawn, and Vince McMahon spent a lot of time booking the match, and the chosen finish was the only logical solution.

With HHH set to have a major match (most likely with Chris Benoit) at WrestleMania, he certainly could not have lost or come out looking significantly weaker than HBK. Yet, Shawn Michaels is considered one of the top two babyfaces on RAW right now (with Goldberg being the other) and with Goldberg expected to leave after Mania, that would leave HBK as RAW's flagship babyface. Thus, while WWE was not looking to put the belt on HBK, they had to come up with a way for him to not lose the match, yet not win the title.

There was also some consideration to having Evolution interfere and cost HBK the win. However, WWE decided that even though there would be more of a complete ending, that would taint the match and make it even less effective in the fans' eyes.

Credit: The Torch

Edited by dejr8bud

Man, Orton really needs to retrain. Not only does he screw up his RKO on Jericho, he screws up on his dialogue with Bischoff.

Yep, hanging with HHH and his cronies can only be bad for Orton in the long run. It's definitely NOT the way to build a good work ethic.

Last night on RAW:

- Chris Benoit jumped to RAW and issued a challenge to Triple-H for the World title at WrestleMania.

- Despite all the harsh criticism, WWE is still playing out the Y2J-Trish-Christian love triangle.

- Goldberg squashed Coachman. Yawn. And they bring out Theodore Long and Mark "Predator lookalike" Henry to help Coach play out the "oppressed black man" angle.

- What's with Mick Foley and this spitting fetish he's developed?

Last nights RAW was piss poor for the most part. The opening match was decent despite Orton screwing up the RKO. Its obvious that Flair needs to retire. Cool to see Benoit. And if I hear "Mrs Foley's baby boy" from Jim Ross again I'm going to throw my TV out the front door. Shut up and go away JR.

Despite all the harsh criticism, WWE is still playing out the Y2J-Trish-Christian love triangle

Ugh I can't take it anymore. Its so bad. She's such a horrible "actress".

Sable and Torrie will be in the next Playboy. The pic of them is in the upcoming section of this months issue.

Hey I wonder if Jackie(I think that's her name) really flashed Renee Dupree(sp? the french guy) during the match with Rico or she had pastees on? Any pics?

Hey I wonder if Jackie(I think that's her name) really flashed Renee Dupree(sp? the french guy) during the match with Rico or she had pastees on? Any pics?

I'm sure she did. Someone's bound to post the frontal shots online.

BTW, is it me, or is the Rico/Jackie pairing a rehash of Goldust and Marlena?

I'm sure she did. Someone's bound to post the frontal shots online.

BTW, is it me, or is the Rico/Jackie pairing a rehash of Goldust and Marlena?

Yeah, it sure is Goldust and Marlena all over again, and as for the Jackie's Flash, the booth had it on the wrong camera (Side view instead of behind her) when she first pulled her shirt up and switched to the back view just before the people at home got to see the puppies, It looked like there was a pastie over her nipples before the camera switched.

Last night on Squared Circle: Talk on Professional Wrestling, we talked heavily about finishing maneuvers and how they make or break superstars. With that in mind, we talked about Randy Orton and his botched RKO. Never mind that Y2J saw it coming through the TitanTron and decided to no-sell it by hanging on to Batista in the Walls of Jericho, but Orton shouldn't have made a quick second attempt on it. Another thing: Orton shouldn't use one hand when doing the RKO. It's unprofessional, it doesn't look effective, and it may legitimately injure the opponent. Here's what Orton should do:

1. Watch old tapes of Diamond Dallas Page doing his 1000 ways of executing the Diamond Cutter.

2. At least come up with a setup for the finishing (like when The Rock removes his elbow pad to set up The People's Elbow).

Also, here are the TopWrestling.com predictions on what will happen before WrestleMania:

- At No Way Out, when Brock Lesnar defends his title against Eddie Guerrero, Goldberg will do a run-in and spear Lesnar. Eddie will then capitalize on the attack with a frog splash and win the title. Remember, folks: you don't need the WWE title to top-bill Goldberg vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania. Their names are big enough for buyrates.

- Kurt Angle will eventually turn heel, thus effectively putting Eddie over as a major face. While their match is guaranteed to be good, it won't mean anything to other fans unless it's for a title. Which is why Eddie should carry the belt before WrestleMania.

- Triple-H vs. Chris Benoit at WrestleMania. The last thing we want is Shawn Michaels making it a triple-threat match (if Benoit doesn't job, Michaels definitely will). By Monday night, the HBK/HHH feud must end. But if it ends, who should HBK feud with in the meantime? One possibility would be Booker T.

Well, I watched a few minutes or Raw last night (a rarity these days), in time to see the rather average match between Goldberg and Kane. I have wanted to see them fight, but it ended up rather routine.

Until the lights went out fog filled the place and Undertaker's bell rang, with graveyard-ish imagery on the display.

Can this mean dark undertaker is comng back?

That would be pretty sweet. He hasn't been the same since he went biker.

Thing with stuff like this is though, they will drag it out for weeks or until the next pay-per-view until he actually shows up. They also cut to commercial during the whole fog show really killing the moment. Again.

Edited by Anubis

I gave up on RAW a little after the second hour started and went back to watching my Xena DVD box set. How did RAW end?

Yeah, I missed it too. In Canada, Space: The Imagination Station switched "Angel" to monday nights, so I didn't see the last hour. Not that I missed much... <_<

I gave up during Hardy's fight.