Yamato boxes damaged and the like.....

Ichiban

I was wondering if anyone else gets there Yamato 1/48's from online vendors with dented in boxes and dents. I seem to have hit or miss luck when getting my Yamatos deliveried. The Shipping/Packing box is fine whenever I get my order, but most of the time I look inside to find the Yamato boxes dented in at the bottoms or corners, sometimes pretty serious. This leads me to believe that the Yamato box is like this before packing and shipping to me from U.S. vendors. I know these great items make a long trip over, but I wish they came in near mint/mint shape. I must point out that, that the Yamato itself is usually fine. Oh well, I am still please with my Yamatos, just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this with some U.S. online vendors.....

I typically order my stuff from Tam (Twin Moons), and he makes a lot of effort to pack things carefully. The Valk box comes in a bubble wrapped sleeve with extra cardboard/foam inserted in the corners of the packing box to ensure it stays put.

Edited by Draykov

I was wondering if anyone else gets there Yamato 1/48's from online vendors with dented in boxes and dents. I seem to have hit or miss luck when getting my Yamatos deliveried. The Shipping/Packing box is fine whenever I get my order, but most of the time I look inside to find the Yamato boxes dented in at the bottoms or corners, sometimes pretty serious. This leads me to believe that the Yamato box is like this before packing and shipping to me from U.S. vendors. I know these great items make a long trip over, but I wish they came in near mint/mint shape. I must point out that, that the Yamato itself is usually fine. Oh well, I am still please with my Yamatos, just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this with some U.S. online vendors.....

unfortunately, yes, i have and the store was Animenation during their vf-1a sale. i'm not sure if it's their fault or the shipper (ups?/usps?) they used.

The box was pretty much smashed on one side. Luckily, the contents was not affected at all.

oh, well. that was the last time i'll ever buy anything from them.

It really depends on what the online dealers do with the merchandise. Anything coming from overseas will get tossed around quite a bit. It's fair to say 5% (if not more) of the merchandise will get dinged/dented one way or another.

For myself, I usually put aside dinged/dented merchandise and only ship figures that are in C9+ condition. I do a visual inspection before it gets wrapped in bubble wrap and the pad extra space with unprinted newspaper. I read somewhere that UPS recommends a 1 inch gap between the merchandise and the box itself (all around) to ensure the contents are protected during transit. I keep this in mind in each package I ship out.... As for the dinged/damaged merchandise, I usually let them go for a discount.

That being said, tonly catch is that dealers are dependent on the shipping companies to handle the packages with care. Sometimes, packages arrive in pristine condition. On occasion, the package looks like it went through a war zone...

-K

PS- Anyone looking for dinged boxed 1/48 VF1S Hikarus? I've got three laying around. Asking $125.00 plus shipping. :rolleyes:

Edited by VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM

My boxes are always in great shape from either Kevin at the Valkyrie Exchange, or Will from Blasto Toys....

Skull 001: There are some people here that have expressed interest in unwanted boxes... Have you ever offered your mint boxes to any members here?

I have always gotten perfect boxes. I then open my Valks and crush the box and throw it away. My Valks are going no where.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always gotten perfect boxes. I then open my Valks and crush the box and throw it away. My Valks are going no where.

You know, I could care less about boxes, but after a recent move, I'm really glad I kept them. They made transporting my toys without worry of losing or breaking something so much easier.

Well, Yamato cases are pretty terrible and their packaging is overall flimsy, so in most cases, we usually get about 10%-15% of items that get dents. In the case of the 1/48 valkyries, they come 4 to a case, with one winding up at each end of the case. These two usually get hit the worst, so in some cases, 50% of a case will have dents! Due to this reason we rate our products so that you know exactly what you will be getting. Standard or Sub-standard boxes are discounted accordingly and are clearly marked on our site.

Edited by twinmoons

My brother used to work parttime for UPS, and after listening to the way he told me boxes of all types were treated, I'm suprised anything they ship isn't totally destroyed upon arrival. Boxes marked fragile and those containing computers weren't spared either.