Fwooshcast Podcast: Macross Special

Scream Man

So for those who may not frequent the anime forum, I have a podcast called The Fwooshcast, which is a toy/action figure show. Since I was the only host interest in Macross, I got together with Eugimon and we had a 4 Hour chat about all things Macross!

So please enjoy The first part of the show which basically covers Tatsuonko till the 1/48's

I heard the first half this morning. I enjoy listening to podcasts like these, and this is the second or third Fwoshcast I have listened to. Overall I like it, and I hope it gives a bit of a clearer picture to someone who is curious regarding this hobby but overwhelmed by all the valks available now.

I do have to nitpick a bit, though. First of all, aren't you confusing Takatoku with Tasunoko in the opening post? Little things like that pop up all over in the podcast as well, e.g. Macross II was 6 episodes not "three or four", Yamato was not "doing figures and stuff" before moving on to transformable toys (the 1/72 YF-19 was their first actual self-produced product -- you may be getting confused with the situation with Beagle which fits that description when they did the Mospeada), etc etc...

That said, I'm really looking forward to the next installment!

I would add as a suggestion that you include the other regular guy -- I realize he was excluded due to his lack of knowledge on Macross, but it would be worthwhile to have that kind of person on there just so you guys know you're going at the correct pace for "Mac-virgins" to keep up.

Cheers for the feedback Renato, much obliged.

Sam didn't want to do it actually, he was more than welcome too :) Also we recorded during the middle of the day, and Sam was at work.

As for Yamato; I didn't realise the first toy they ever produced was Macross, I thought they did Figurines and statues before that! My bad!

Never have been into podcasts, more of a reading than a listening guy (apart from music), but I shall probably have to give this a listen to if you are talking about Yamato, just to make sure there are no obvious errors.

Graham

We go on and on about how Yamato caused the bubonic plague and is responsible for the world financial crisis.

I had a looong cross-country Shinkansen ride yesterday on which I listened to both parts 1 and 2 of this podcast back-to-back. I definitely admire the ambition, because it seems you guys talked for hours and hours. Very good stuff, if a little inaccurate at times. Waiting patiently for part 3! ^_^

In our defence (Or in mine anyway) I was doing it off the tp of my head. Eugi corrects me several times in this! :D

And yeah the entire conversation ,including the parts before and after recording, was just under 5 hours. Part three is the longest at an hour 20, and then Part four is 30 ish minutes (I havent edited it yet)

thanks for listening :)

i listened to parts 1 and 2 while i was putting on the extra parts to my 1/3000 SDF-1. Definitely interesting hearing your criticism of the toys released and your comments on the board reactions to them. Agree with most of it, but yea, was a bit off at some points. =P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...