MW. Hong Kong Shopathon Jan 2004.

Sebastian

Hey Happy belated birthday Sebastian.

I was thinking, have you guys make arrangements for your stay in HK from 8th to 11th of November? Like hotel bookings or air tickets?

Ermm im assuming you guys will staying at the same hotel that Graham recommend or something?

For me i will be staying at BP international, a 3 star hotel, environment and surroundings are not bad, just a walk and a few train stop away from Central especially Mongkok. If that the case, how do we meet, i got Graham's contact number so that i could make arrangements to meet him and the gang on the 9th at a pre-scheduled place. Maybe for those who arent sure, it better to get Graham's number just for convenience.

Ermm, its kinda of cold now in Hong Kong, so do bring some warm clothing but not winter wear... :lol::p.

Can't wait for January to come, this time im bringing my something precious and priceless...my fiancee!!! is going back together with me to Singapore after the MW Shopathon. We will be getting married in Feburary or March 2004. ;):D:lol:B))

Cheers

:D

Could anyone who is going tell us where you will be staying? Maybe we could get better rate if we stay together?

Second, if Graham or someone could PM us their contact cellphone so we can keep in touch while arriving in HK? Because it might be hard to keep in touch by electronic means while in HK.

Thanks!

Paulo

Could anyone who is going tell us where you will be staying? Maybe we could get better rate if we stay together?

Second, if Graham or someone could PM us their contact cellphone so we can keep in touch while arriving in HK? Because it might be hard to keep in touch by electronic means while in HK.

Thanks!

Paulo

I will be staying at BP international Hotel which is a 3 star hotel. Currently i will be doing my booking through my local travel agency for the air tickets as well as hotel. Unless we are travelling as a group, its hard to obtain any discounts as a package. What we could do is to book for lodging in the same hotel. That way we would be able to stay as a group. Regards to maintaining contact in HK, you could probably get a calling SIM card for local calls in HK, thus reachable via cellphone. I will be using my fiancee cellphone as she is subcribed to a local network there.

Cheers

Doing a group booking sounds like an idea. I want to stay in somewhere nice but not mega expensive. I will be on my honeymoon after all! ;)

Doing a group booking sounds like an idea. I want to stay in somewhere nice but not mega expensive. I will be on my honeymoon after all! ;)

Hey Guppy, BP international is a nice place with my personal guarantee, with the looks of a 4 star but yet comfortable and affordable. There also a dim sum restaurant just beside it as well as a convenience store and 7-11 opposite. The nearest MTR is within walking distance, on the way there are Mcdonalds, and boutiques and so on. No Burger King here, sorry guys, KFC and Mcdonalds and Spagetthi and Starbucks are the only western eateries there.

I will be arriving tentatively on the 8th of August, in so i will contact Graham.

Maybe if in the case we are lodging at different hotels, we could probably decide on where to meet...like maybe Mongkok MTR station, at the ticketing booth or one of exits?

Cheers

Edited by recon

I finally met with the T-shirt guy today and he's going to get a sample made up soon. I still need a final list of chest sizes from all you guys who are coming.

I've met Sebastian & Noel previously, so I know they are both fairly similar in size to myself. So we three will probably need a HK large size (bearing in mind that HK sizes are typically much smaller than US sizes). A HK large is probably the same as a US medium.

However, I really need to know the size of some of you larger guys, i.e. Shawn and others?, so I can let the manufacturer know what size to make the XL and XXL shirts as these are not standard sizes in HK.

Also, it looks like there is a minimum order quantity of around 30pcs, so as a rough guesstimate (as I don't know final sizes and quantities), I'll probably get the following made: -

Small= 4pcs. (suitable for small females, e.g. this is what my wife would wear and she's 5' 3" / 95lbs).

Medium = 6pcs.

Large = 10pcs. (I'm 5' 8"/153lbs and this is suitable for me).

XL = 6 pcs.

XXL = 4pcs.

Graham

Hey Graham,

I will take a XL.

What size is suitable for my fiancee who is around 49 kg but 160 meters?

Will it be medium or small? Please do advice Graham.

If it is either of the abovementioned sizes, i will take another one for my fiancee.

Hey Graham, want to meet up for a beer on thursday nite 8th of January 2004 together with your wife cos i will be arriving in mid noon on that day?

Cheers

Edited by recon

Ok guys please listen up clearly, i had a talk with Noel this evening. It seems the best hotel that would convenient for you guys to stay and meet would be Grand Royal hotel, which is 20 mins walk away from Mongkok MTR. Sino Centre would be located roughly opposite the hotel along the way. We could meet up at the basement of the hotel at a designated time and maybe head for breakfast first as the shops dun open that early for business. Please do purchase a sim card with a store value if possible and bring your cellphone to remain contactable or in case of emergency you may contact graham. Please do pm Graham for his contact number.

I hope this information is helpful to you all.

Hope to see you guys soon.

Cheers

Hello all who plan on being there. I am willing to split a room with someone. If I can get more info on the BP international , like number web sight, I'll make arrangements to stay there since others will be there. :)

ALEX

Wingcommander, please refer to my last post. ;)

Thanks

Happy belated Birthday

to Guppy and Sebastian...

I hate that different Size for the Shirt... may I guess

I bought a Soccer Tricot at Temple street and that was XL...

may I take this Size again??? :lol:

trikot1.jpgtrikot2.jpg

and I'm 170 cm

Edited by DemonPlay

my fiancee who is around 49 kg but 160 meters?

holy god! She must be a Human Skyscraper! :p

Graham: I will take a 'Large' and a 'Small' size shirt.

and thanks everyone for the birthday greetings! I expect presents from all of you in HK! :D

hmm, a standard Triple room at the Grand Tower is $323, and a standard Triple room at the BP International is $93.

I don't know about you guys but I would prefer to spend the extra $230 a night on toys!

Hey guppy,

Human skyscraper? Not a very nice thing to say.... ;):p I think she is around 158 to 160m but in the asia pacific region, thats not consider very tall but rather on the average or short side. Nevertheless i love her :p. Hey guppy how tall is your wife, she must be quite tall too rite?

Okie back to the topic of lodging. Okie i will be definitely staying at BP international cos it suits my budget as well as expenses (More money to spend on toys...shh dun let my fiancee hear this). We could meet the hotel lobby on the 9th of January at a stipulated and agreed time before proceeding to our first stop, which is Sino Centre. We could either meet first then go for breakfast or have breakfast first then meet the guys. So if any of you guys lodging at BP international, do inform me as i need to know who are staying there and who to meet. I will arrange with Graham on the whereabts to meet on the nite before.

Cheers

Happy belated Birthday

to Guppy and Sebastian...

I hate that different Size for the Shirt... may I guess

I bought a Soccer Tricot at Temple street and that was XL...

may I take this Size again??? :lol:

trikot1.jpgtrikot2.jpg

and I'm 170 cm

Hmm XL...it looks kinda of small.

Even though im getting XL which is close to a US large, it still seems to be kinda of small. Maybe i could use a XXL, but then again it seems kinda of big. I also about the same built as Noel but i prefer to wear shirts that a bit bigger like jerseys cos its more comfortable. What should i do? :( I wear a Adidas Large jersey and also for Nike soccer jerseys.

Cheers

1. Graham, could you please PM me your cellphone number? thanks?

2. And where in HK can I get a temporary SIM card? Please provide details? How much?

3. Currently, I prefer to stay at the YWCA, it's quite cheap, so what I save can be going to the Toys. It's only 37bucks for single/twin.

YWCA

4. To confirm, I would need a Large Black, a small black, and a Large blue/white? Sorry, kind forgot the colors available.

Looking forward in seeing you all!

Paulo

Guys,

Please note the following points regarding the polo shirts: -

• The polo shirts are being made in black, short sleeve only.
  • Please PM me with your required quantity and your chest size in inches.
  • The final price is to be confirmed, but will probably be between HK$50 to HK$100 (US$6.41 to US$12.82) each. They will be good quality.
  • You can pay me when you come to HK.

I can't stress this enough, I need to know quantity and chest size in inches. Just telling me, "S, M, L, XL" etc is no use to me. You are all coming from different countries and a S, M, L, XL size in the USA for example are very different from S, M, L, XL sizes in HK.

Graham

Hey guppy,

Human skyscraper? Not a very nice thing to say.... ;):p I think she is around 158 to 160m but in the asia pacific region, thats not consider very tall but rather on the average or short side. Nevertheless i love her :p. Hey guppy how tall is your wife, she must be quite tall too rite?

Recon, Guppy is joking with you, because you forgot the decimal point. You should have written either 1.6m or 160cm.

Graham

hehe, sorry Recon, Graham is right.. you said 'meters' instead of centimetres.

My wife is pretty short actually.. she would be about 156 cms.

My wife is also 156cms tall...and she is tagging along during this trip...

And I am getting her the t-shirt also...so maybe I was thinking if the wives get too bored with our trip, they could go shopping on their own, and leave us alone for our "shopping, beer, and ...."

Guys, don't forget to bring a digital camera for pictures of our awesome group trip...

Paulo

thank god some other wives are coming too! All our women can get together and have coffee and share stories of how we spend too much money on toys. :D

Hey guppy,

Human skyscraper? Not a very nice thing to say.... ;)  :p I think she is around 158 to 160m but in the asia pacific region, thats not consider very tall but rather on the average or short side. Nevertheless i love her  :p. Hey guppy how tall is your wife, she must be quite tall too rite?

Recon, Guppy is joking with you, because you forgot the decimal point. You should have written either 1.6m or 160cm.

Graham

Hi guys, yah i know, its okie :D sometimes in the midst of typing especially when multitasking several tasks at once, one do make mistakes. My fiancee is of course in the height region of 1.56 to 1.58 meters. Im sure our wifes, gfs and fiancees will have a good time together while we make our rounds sightseeing and looking for toys. They will probably say "When will they ever grow up and stop buying toys?"

Cheers

My wife is also 156cms tall...and she is tagging along during this trip...

And I am getting her the t-shirt also...so maybe I was thinking if the wives get too bored with our trip, they could go shopping on their own, and leave us alone for our "shopping, beer, and ...."

Guys, don't forget to bring a digital camera for pictures of our awesome group trip...

Paulo

No digicam..shucks!

Im contemplating on getting one though but...the finance for it goes to my purchase of a proposal ring for her which is worth the price of 1/1 DRYL helmet....Nevermind, the sacrifice is well worth it.

Cheers

Hey Guppy its okie..My mistake on my part, of course im joking too.

Shucks made the same mistake twice, forgot to put the decimal point.

Hey guppy, especially with your good looks, im sure many gals in HK will take a fancy at ya, careful your wife dun pull your ears. :lol::D:p

Cheers

hmm, a standard Triple room at the Grand Tower is $323, and a standard Triple room at the BP International is $93.

I don't know about you guys but I would prefer to spend the extra $230 a night on toys!

Is that in US $ or HK $?

That was in US dollars. Does the price of the Grand Tower sound right to you Noel? It seems a bit expensive to me.. or am I just cheap? ;)

Recon - yes, I am devilishlly attractive aren't I? :D It's ok, my wife has just started wearing glasses so I will hide them so she can't see all the girls checking me out! :lol:

The rooms in BP are quite okie for a room with queen size bed or double decker beds. Judging from the photos in the wonderfestival report, it can be said to be bigger than that in japan. I have stayed there everytime im in HK, to me its the most affordable yet economical yet the surrounding ambience and atmosphere is close to that of a 4 star hotel. So i highly recommend it.

By the way, if you are booking airline tickets and hotels together as package or not. Its best to find out wether the travel agency has ties with the local travel agencies in HK. Why? cos most of the travel agencies in HK provide transport to and from the airport to the hotel on the arrival and departure dates. It will be much more convenient and less expensive than you have to make your way to hotel yourself from the airport. You would have to take a bus to somewhere nearby then followed by a cab. Never..i repeat Never take a cab from the airport to the hotel as the rates are exorbitant.

Cheers