The Fwoshcast

Scream Man

G'day all!

So recently my friend Sam and I have started a podcats all about toys and the like. We're still a little rough around the edges, but I think we're getting there quite nicely! the First 3 episodes are very news heavy (And are starting to date already) but from Episode 4 onwards we'll be trying to make ourselves a little more relevant to fans.

I'm certainly open to suggestions and ideas on how to improve, so email, PM or leave me some ideas here. There hasn't been much Macross talk yet I admit, because other than the VF-19, I dont know whats new and in the works, so I havent had a heap to say.

I don't know how many of u are podcast guys, but PLEASE give our little show a chance! We're certainly mentioning it around the place now, so I'm nervously going to be hoping some people listen!

The Fwooshcast

Cheers all!

Craig

I listened to Episode 4 and thanks I always enjoy hearing what peoples GI Joe experience has been like Internationally. Being a long time but not current GI Joe collector (does anyone ever really stop :lol:) it's really interesting to hear about the interest GI Joe drums up around the world.

About the Defiant.. having been and still remaining the owner of one I have to warn you regardless of what people on forums may "choose" to remember it is an exceptionally fragile toy made with much brittle plastic. Mine literally had pieces falling off from just sitting in my room as a kid. Not to mention the rasie/lower mechanism never properly worked. The Defiant itself however isn't too bad and I've always really liked the look of Payload.

Pretty much all the figures you listed were figures I remember fondly and still really enjoy today but my top two would have to be Shockwave (1988) and Hit&Run (1988). I have picked up the newer Shockblast (2009 V2) incarnation of Shockwave and the articulation certainly is a marked improvement but the look/feel just isn't the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Sam collects all kinds of figures. He's into an aesthetic more than a line, so he digs the designs more than anything else. He also has a big Smurf toy collection.

edit: Spacey: We'll cover it more when some new stuff comes out. I may do a retrospective, but I'd need a guest host since Sam knows nothing about it. Anyone who wants to do a Macross special, I'd be more than happy to go for it.

Edited by Scream Man

I must've listened to 8 episodes in the past couple days. Well done!

Only down side: You're too hard on yourself about the technical issues. I don't think you need a disclaimer whenever the sound isn't perfect. If somebody would complain about such a thing, then they're missing the spirit and meaning of what a podcast is. Just my $.02