YF 25 PROPHECY

valhary

i was wondering we talk a lot about yamato non make specific valkyries like the macross zero line but what about of bandai i think a DX yf 25 1/60 is a valkyrie very easy to make only can see a diferent head so.... why bandai dont make it? there are possibilities to produce this in a near future??

post-3872-128673313454_thumb.jpg

Like all of us, I'd love to see the design team that did the DX VF-27, do a complete redesign of the DX VF-25 toy. Probably won't happen though.

Unfortunately, Bandai doesn't even seem to be doing any more mold-milking of the existing DX VF-25 mold. They have had plenty of time to do a cannon fodder, but haven't even done that yet, so I don't expect a YF-25 Prophecy from them.

Graham

Bandai is known to milk their molds. They have the Macross F license and won't be letting it go anytime soon.

I would say Takara is the major mold-milker. Bandai, not so much. Remember they had the Macross 7 licence for two decades and did not let go until recently, and yet only gave us four toys, two molds. They could have made more variations: a VF-19F, but no. A VF-19P, but no. A VF-17T, but no.

As for the 1/55s, they re-released a few variations, but not the ones that everyone wanted.

Then there's the Hi-Metals... Well, let's see where that line goes. The Max 1J being an exclusive is not a good sign at all.

I think there is an extremely small chance of ever seeing the Prophecy in toy form from Bandai.

I would say Takara is the major mold-milker. Bandai, not so much. Remember they had the Macross 7 licence for two decades and did not let go until recently, and yet only gave us four toys, two molds. They could have made more variations: a VF-19F, but no. A VF-19P, but no. A VF-17T, but no.

This is probably the only time I'll see the words "Takara" and "mold-milker" together in the same sentence without any mention of the word "Transformers".

Unfortunately, Bandai doesn't even seem to be doing any more mold-milking of the existing DX VF-25 mold. They have had plenty of time to do a cannon fodder, but haven't even done that yet, so I don't expect a YF-25 Prophecy from them.

Graham

Good point, it was a while since the Tornado pack and nothing happened meanwhile.

The VF-27 is such a better toy, yet there are only 2 canon liveries possible, and they chose to make the green one very hard to get. What now (I am not forgetting the Koenig, just skipping it)?

Man I would love to see a YF-25 but I think the best that we will get is the model kit. Hell we haven't even got a VF-171 yet........<_<

I would also love to see a VF-24 but that is just because I like Delta wing fighters. A VF-24 and/or VF-0D toy from Yamato or Bandai would make my year.:)

Edited by logos

The VF-27 is such a better toy, yet there are only 2 canon liveries possible, and they chose to make the green one very hard to get.

No, they didn't. You think they are deliberately stifling their own potential sales?? They made the decision to go web-exclusive because they feared they wouldn't shift enough units through normal retail avenues. Essentially they were made to order.

Look at the way Frontier is advertised. Hell, look at the poster for the new movie. It's all about the Moe and the pretty boys now. The market for valks is shrinking, especially for these high-end ones. No one cares about robots anymore!

I know what you mean and I don't disagree with your point, but from the perspective of a collector outside Japan, it became harder to get, or at least more expensive.

Back on the issue of Bandai milking the VF-25 mold or not, after looking at the PV for the second Frontier movie, it's very clear we'll be seeing at least 1 more valk released with the tornado pack (VF-25G) if not the entire SMS squad. The tornado version may or may not be "made to order".