Japanese Transformers Season One release?

Is there any way to aquire a Japanese Transformers Season One set of any kind? I like the Transformers, but Im curious what it would be like without soooooo many commercial breaks, and with an actually catchy theme song, and how the mecha would sound with japanese voices and stuff.

You'd think thered be an HK set of it out, but I havent seen it.

Anyone know?

-BEN-MAN-

Is there any way to aquire a Japanese Transformers Season One set of any kind? I like the Transformers, but Im curious what it would be like without soooooo many commercial breaks, and with an actually catchy theme song, and how the mecha would sound with japanese voices and stuff.

You'd think thered be an HK set of it out, but I havent seen it.

Anyone know?

-BEN-MAN-

it woudl eb fun to watch. but why bother. it;s a japanese dub of th eoirignal transformers. they hacked i tup pretty badly form waht i hear.

Transformers was done 50/50 by American and Japanese companies, wasnt it? At least, thats what I've heard. The way Transformers is presented originally is SEVERELY lacking. In fact.... Its crap. That many commercial breaks, a really retarded sounding opening, and all of that. Its hardly enjoyable to watch. I still like it.. But I think it would be tons better with an actual catchy version of the theme song, and less commercial breaks. I dunno.. its probably just me.. I just think it would be cool.

-BEN-MAN-

Transformers was done 50/50 by American and Japanese companies, wasnt it? At least, thats what I've heard. The way Transformers is presented originally is SEVERELY lacking. In fact.... Its crap. That many commercial breaks, a really retarded sounding opening, and all of that. Its hardly enjoyable to watch. I still like it.. But I think it would be tons better with an actual catchy version of the theme song, and less commercial breaks. I dunno.. its probably just me.. I just think it would be cool.

-BEN-MAN-

no. the toys where made in japan. hasbro wanted a sereis to sell them. they HIRed marvel comics to design a story for them. Hence the marvel comics. teh animationw as doen in japan too. the characters, plot etc was all american. In fact it aird in america before it even showed it;s face in japan.

as for th ecomercial breks. the edvd and other sources do not have them. Do no twatch the crap generation 2 edit.

I like the theme song. it;s like arguing tha trobotech had a better theme and les comercial breaks then macross.

Anyone that would argue that the American Transformers Opening is better than the Japanese Transformers Opening is /insane/. The Japanese version of the theme song actually had a catchy beat to it, and a decent singer. The american version had neither. Although the Transformers The Movie opening was awesome.

-BEN-MAN-

I listened to a low quality version of it in MP3 format. It was very very catchy. But of course, the Japanese put a near /INFINITE/ ammount /more/ effort into Cartoon Soundtracks than americans ever could. The best american cartoon soundtrack I've ever heard was Thundercats, and that was.. well.. yah.

-BEN-MAN-

Yep, Ali Sama is correct. The toys were from Japan and the animation was done overseas but the actually story, plot, characters, etc were all american based and it aired her before being dubbed in japanese. The same with Beast Wars, it was made in Canada and shown here first before being released and edited in Japan(they actually made female characters male and added more comedy then their original was cause it was to serious I believe). They didn't even show Beast Machines cause it was to strange and out there. True it was, I thought it was pretty good and a good sequel to the Beast Wars.

I wish there would be another American Transformer series. True it might be argueable but Armada doesn't hold a candle to the G1 in terms of action, plot(granted G1 was episodic so in that regard Armada would have to be compared to Beast Wars), and animation(I've never seen so many animation mistakes in my life till I watched Armada). Some have been looked for others are just out there.

Transformers Movie opening was great :D.

Edited by Effect

I listened to a low quality version of it in MP3 format. It was very very catchy. But of course, the Japanese put a near /INFINITE/ ammount /more/ effort into Cartoon Soundtracks than americans ever could. The best american cartoon soundtrack I've ever heard was Thundercats, and that was.. well.. yah.

-BEN-MAN-

batman th eaniamted sereis. gargoyls. you need to see more american cartoons.

I agree. The arent' the only ones that put a lot of effort into their animations. You really need to check out more american animation, past and present before you make that kind of a statement.

yep there are a lot more then that. theso happen to be my favorites.

batman the aniamted sereis

gargoyls

batman beyond

invasion earth

exosquad

tail spin (i lvov this show)

gummy bears(had a good soudn track)

animaniacs

pinky and the brain

futurama

the simpsons

family guy