Alternator Hound

91WhiskeyM6

pretty much just the diecast vs plastic, though hasbro seems to have forgone the metal flake plastic and any attempt at painting more than just the decals.

there are also apparently a couple duarabilty issues on the alternaters smokescreen, its reported that the hood pops off easily during transformation.

but yeah its essentially just painted diecast vs unpainted plastic.

Powerglide as an F-32? Sort of an homage, but too ugly IMHO. Yeah, the A-10 is ugly, but ugly in a good way, like the F-4. The F-32 is just plain fugly. It could have been superior to the -35 in every way and still would have lost on fugliness alone. (The Navy pretty much flat out said no to the -32, no matter what the results of the competition were, based on the intake)

Tracks: the new Vette's pretty neat (though I haven't either end head-on) and the pics circulating around of the deep red one (real Vette, not TF) is a GORGEOUS color. However, if Hasbro cheaps out and does flat plastic it'll ruin it. Just go with medium blue. (You know, model cars REALLY need to be painted, especially metallic ones--Hasbro needs to figure that out)

Starscream---YF-22 would work better than F/A-22. (More angular). Doubt Hasbro or Takara know the difference, though. :) F-15's are still being built, keep with that....

Sideswipe--agree with everyone who says it should be a Lambo, not a Viper. '99 Diablo is the best of the more recent ones IMHO. Didn't like the 2000+ Diablos, and the Murcielago does nothing for me. Or hey, why not a '89 Countach? Different, yet newer than the original LP400ish Countach. (Despite his stickers and various websites, G1 Sideswipe is anything BUT an LP500S--he's not really any particular one, but close to a LP400 with a few prototype parts--he lacks every single distinguishing feature of the LP500 series)

Edited by David Hingtgen

I agree about Warpath - they should try to do something a little less obvious than the M1A1. How about a smaller tank like the M550 Sheridan? I think that's the one that the 82nd Airborne can drop from a C-130.

I doubt we'll reach the point where we'll see Warpath, though. However, if Takara can just keep up the excellence of this line, then I'll stand right with them and buy ALL of them.

Isn't Warpath's current design a M551 Sheridan?

Sideswipe being my favorite G1 car, I would have loved to see his robot and car modes unchanged as an Alternator. He already had a cool robot mode and head. Yeah, he's an older sports car, but the Countach is timeless, IMHO.

Word. I wouldn't mind if Takara made him a Murcielago, though. Sure beats being a Viper.

That it would! But I don't think they could have done that if they had wanted to. Remember that Volkswagen owns the Lamborghini brand. ...And we all know how paranoid they have been about the depictions of any vehicles they own ever since having to live down their WWII Nazi associations... Poor Sideswipe! You'll always be a Lamborghini to me!

(Please understand this is just a *guess* on my part. For all I know, Hasbro/Takara may have not even asked Volkswagen for the use of their vehicle likenesses.) What think folks? If I am right though and Volkswagen is being their usual paranoid self, then that rules out seeing Bumblee as a Binaltech/Alternator VW Bug which I'd love to see! :ph34r:

does anyone know if the US release of the Alternator Smokescreen is out yet

not yet. the earliest we can expect him and sideswipe is late next month, if not january, though i think they'll want to get this out for X-mas shopping.

i'm a little saddened that we probably won't be seeing sideswipe or sunstreaker as lamborghini's (well actually a lot, i like the Murcielago, and sideswipe was a favorite as a countach), and ironic as given that sideswipe's japanese name is lambro. but i'm less saddened at the loss of the beetle for bumblebee, instead i think they should do him as a Mini. its got the right general shape, the headlights are the right shape, and honestly i've never really liked the new beetle.

Tracks is not going to be a C6. There's word from a former Hasbro employee, that all the Alternators/Binaltechs are 2003, with one being a 2002. Personally I think it's likely he'll be in the commemorative colors - blue with white racing stripes outlined in red. It would be close to Track's original scheme, plus a distinctive Corvette scheme.

In the US the Alternators are supposed to retail at around $20. It's the Binaltechs that are $40ish.

Also Hound being a military vehicle wouldn't fit in with the storyline of BT, which has the TFs rebuilt by car companies.

Edited by skunkobot

I want Bluestreak to look like this:

csx_350z_04_base_wv2_lg.jpg

Camshaft:

carshot_tl_2004_tlsatinsilver_NH-623M.jpg

hmmmm...

nsx_gal_wal_5_wall.jpg

Nice cars but we know that Blue / Silverstreak will be a Subaru Impreza WRX : a "civil" Smoky . With this awesome line of Transformers and Yamato's 1/48, I burn my money but what a pleasure :lol:

Hound is sweet.

But I will not acknowledge a Dinobot that looks like it belongs in the Pretenders or Beast Wars line.  Hell, I had trouble with teh Gen2 colored recasts.

Give me old-school silver robo-dinos!

The bot mode on the Dinobot is also seriously messed up.

It really does look like an ugly rip off of Beast Wars Megatron.

Just to bring this back from page one, the dino bot IS a Japanese beast wars figure. They've repainted this mold for almost every new line.

Yah! Now that you mention it, most of the original transformers were actual machines.. but.. What the hell was Seaspray? there are a lot of hovercrafts in the world and I've never seen ANYTHING that looks like Seaspray.

But dude!!! If they made Seaspray a Hover-Landing Craft, like in that first picture.. Then they'd HAVE to make Beachcomber, seasprays buddy, that burly off road buggy the Navy Seals use!

-BEN-MAN-

I think hound looks great B)) . To me it looks like they (takara/Hasboro) were trying to make up for the original G1 Hound. I'll definately pick this one up when it comes out, it'll go nicely with the MPC Optimus Prime.

• 4 weeks later...

The pics are very large and linked from overseas. Very 56K modem unfriendly. Takes time to load up. My friend says he can see them. Still if you can't see them access the link. That's where the pics come from. It really shouldn't make much of a difference though. Perhaps someone can reduce and post the pictures?

sweet, I really like how the Binaltech/Alternators are using the car parts as weapons. I'm still hoping for them to have a machine gun or rocket launcher clip on to the sound bar. That way it can be detached and reattached over the shoulder like G1 Hound has. That's really my only gripe about the new design, though it seems that this time around he's a civilian jeep, not military. Oh well.

sweet, I really like how the Binaltech/Alternators are using the car parts as weapons. I'm still hoping for them to have a machine gun or rocket launcher clip on to the sound bar. That way it can be detached and reattached over the shoulder like G1 Hound has. That's really my only gripe about the new design, though it seems that this time around he's a civilian jeep, not military. Oh well.

I thought Hound should have been a military Humvee.

• 4 weeks later...