Macross Music Videos

Lieutenant_Hazama

I wouldn't mind seeing them. What songs did you base them off of?

I wanted to go with some music no one has ever used before

Macross Plus - Metal Gear Solid (The Orchestrated Theme)

Macross Plus - Staind It's Been Awhile

Macross Plus - Faith Hill - There You'll Be

Macross Plus - Foo Fighters - All My Life

Macross DYRL - Metal Gear Solid (The Orchestrated Theme)

I was going to make one based on the DYRL theme to all of the macross series but I found that maybe my skills are not yet good enough.

B))

Someone should make a Macross music video with these songs, 'cause

they all have great beats:

1)Delerium - Heaven's Earth (Matt Darey Mix)

2)Paul Oakenfold - Southern Sun (Dj Tiesto Remix)

3)Oasis - Whats the Story (Morning Glory) & Live Forever

4)The Music - Take the long road and walk it, The People, & Getaway

Thats all i can think of right now...if i think any more the list can go on forever.

:ph34r:

Ah...I'm trying to gather Macross footage to make a nice, long fanmade movie with music from Top Gun and of course the various Macross series. On top of that, I'm writing a script so I can try dubbing Macross Zero with my friends. Not for sale or no copies for any of you sadly just for my friends that worked on it. :( I don't want to get into trouble, and I am now officially in the military so I have to watch my conduct. ;)

Oh yeah, I'll be Focker. B))

The main problem with anime music videos is that 99% of them suck. The idea of just editing video from anime to music you like is pretty lame, and while it might be fun to do I've found it really boring to sit through.

The best videos are those that get really creative with the use of digital editing and effects. For a good example of that see 'Chibi Things That Kill,' you should be able to find it on Kazaa. But other than original videos like that, anime music videos are lame.

BTW, Macross Fanboy, how can you be in the military? I thought you were like 14?

Yay, another Macross Top Gun Video...let me contain my joy... Sorry to be cynical, but there are at least three (probably more) videos that use Highway to the Danger Zone, and two that use just the Anthem. Not to mention one from Mac Plus that used Take My Breath Away. REcently SkyFire AMV put out their excellent rendition using both anthem and Highway. Excellent video and a tough act to follow. That being said, its not the best Macross one around either. Some of the best AMVs are ones that use songs you wouldnt imagine being set to the series in the traditional sense, but when you think about, actually are a perfect match. Case in point being the infamous Senshi on Springer (Sailor Moon to Jerry Springer by Wierd Al) or FLCL to NIN's Perfect Drug. Neither of these really scream make me into this video, but upon completion they fit perfectly. The finest example of this in my opinion is the Macross video to One Day More. I never really thought of Macross when I heard this song, however, after watching the video, it seems to fit quite well.

I don't mean to stifle your creativity. I mean you can certainly do a Top Gun video, but unless its really really good, or is done in an unusual or unique manner (such as SkyFires's), it's just gonna be another video in the box, like Linkinball Z Videos.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I only have a few music videos I really like - mostly the "story" ones:

"This isn't what we meant" -Evangelion

"One Day More" - GREAT Macross TV

"The Distance" - Mac Plus

"Senshi on Sprigner" - duh

and 2 Kare-Kanos - "Far and Away" and "Castaway"

But feel free to post! I'll watch anyhoo