VF-25G (work in progress)

Azagoth

I've been lurking these forums, being a fan of everything that transforms and Macross theme especially and decided to say hello to everyone. :D Also I wanted to share with a little something I was working on for some time now. Unfortunately I don't have that much time at the moment to finish everything I've planned for this work so it's still in progress. I'd be grateful for any critics, suggestions and feedbacks. Right now this model has no rig, no textures, just a basic object connection chain for simple transform animation, and some basic color materials. I was wondering if someone had a detailed decal images so I could start working on texturing it. :D

post-11671-1269785805_thumb.jpgpost-11671-1269785816_thumb.jpgpost-11671-1269785825_thumb.jpg

Edited by Azagoth

Thanks, all. ^_^

Cool model. Looks pretty detailed. Can't wait to see it with some decals. What software are you using (I always ask, both out of artistic curiosity, and as a recruiter)?

I'm using 3ds Max in all my work. Used mental ray with mostly default settings to render this one. I cant find the decal layout so this might take some time :D Have to work a bit on geometry too as now it's missing a few small details here and there (like some mechanics in arms) and I need to tweak some proportions (arms being too thin for my taste for example).

Edited by Azagoth

Looks beautiful man! If I had the spare time I'd probably mess with 3DS Max more, but unfortunately

I do not (military and constantly deployed and TDY since I'm Aircrew).

I just wish someone would make (and possibly put out for use) a VF-27 Lucifer model, maybe an M-21 Battle Galaxy and V-9 Ghost model. Been brewing an idea in my head for some pictures I'd like to draw and using those 3D models would be a HELL of a lot easier (and better looking, not to mention consistency for multiple pics) than drawing those three by hand, and then photoshopping the hand-made layers in over the 3D layers (much like they did for the production of Macross-F and Macross Zero).

Keep up the good work tho!

Looks beautiful man! If I had the spare time I'd probably mess with 3DS Max more, but unfortunately

I just wish someone would make (and possibly put out for use) a VF-27 Lucifer model, maybe an M-21 Battle Galaxy and V-9 Ghost model. Been brewing an idea in my head for some pictures I'd like to draw and using those 3D models would be a HELL of a lot easier (and better looking, not to mention consistency for multiple pics) than drawing those three by hand, and then photoshopping the hand-made layers in over the 3D layers (much like they did for the production of Macross-F and Macross Zero).

I just wish someone would make (and possibly put out for use) a VF-27 Lucifer model, maybe an M-21 Battle Galaxy and V-9 Ghost model.

REN has a great Battle Galaxy model. He might lend you. But it's C4D format... don't know if that converts easily or imports into Max without a hassle.