Any chance of a future "fixed" VF-1J Hikaru?

GU-11

I've been thinking about whether or not I should consider canceling my pre-ordered VF-1J Hikaru GBP-1 Armor set. As it is, I'm looking to buy the VF-1S Roy Anniversary Plus and and the VF-0A Phoenix, and I could certainly use the extra cash.

The only thing keeping me from canceling is the possibility that Yamato might never reissue a VF-1J with "fixed" shoulder hinges, and this might be my last chance of owning a 1/60 VF-1J Hikaru.

So, is there any chance I might see a future improved VF-1J?

BTW, I was thinking of buying the VF-1J Hikaru with Super Parts that's on sale at HLJ right now, since I'm not crazy about the GBP-1 armor (honestly, I bought it partly for the Valk), and it's a lot cheaper that way. How do the shoulders hold up on this one?

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by GU-11

It's 50% off for Super VF-1J on HLJ now. I say grab it nonetheless, then you can get the standalone GBP-1S armor later.

Having said that, the market is flood with VF-1J since it's on sales so I don't think you will see improved VF-1J in near future.

It's 50% off for Super VF-1J on HLJ now. I say grab it nonetheless, then you can get the standalone GBP-1S armor later.

Having said that, the market is flood with VF-1J since it's on sales so I don't think you will see improved VF-1J in near future.

Thanks for the reply! One thing, though; are the shoulders in this particular version of the VF-1J Hikaru better or worse than the one that comes with the GBP-1, or are all VF-1J Hikaru's potential "exploders"? Any somewhat safer versions I could buy?

the standalone VF-1J, standalone GBP and VF-1J+GBP set will all be re-issued late May (proly early to mid June) - http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=838878

with the scolding that Graham put on the Yamato dudes about the 1st release 1J+GBP set fiasco, it's highly likely that the re-issue 1Js will be fixed... but i'm still hoping they'll do one better by upgrading the crotch attachment thingy for this next batch.

Thanks for the reply! One thing, though; are the shoulders in this particular version of the VF-1J Hikaru better or worse than the one that comes with the GBP-1, or are all VF-1J Hikaru's potential "exploders"? Any somewhat safer versions I could buy?

hehe, i think the 50% also applies to the shoulder hinges for the Super 1J set, if you know what i mean... ;)

the standalone VF-1J, standalone GBP and VF-1J+GBP set will all be re-issued late May (proly early to mid June) - http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=838878

with the scolding that Graham put on the Yamato dudes about the 1st release 1J+GBP set fiasco, it's highly likely that the re-issue 1Js will be fixed... but i'm still hoping they'll do one better by upgrading the crotch attachment thingy for this next batch.

Superb news! Thanks for the heads up! Maybe that's why my pre-order still hasn't arrived yet. The store owner at my local shop did mention something about the delay being due to issues with the figure. Guess I'll just have to wait a while longer for the re-issued stock.

BTW, when they said re-issue, is the stock that's still out there going to be recalled, or are we still going to be walking a mine field with "exploder" VF-1J's mixed in with the re-issues out in the market? I wonder if HLJ would have enough integrity and separate the re-issues from the old stock when it arrives?

hehe, i think the 50% also applies to the shoulder hinges for the Super 1J set, if you know what i mean... wink.gif

Yup, better a quality product at full price than a fragile one at 50% discount! :lol:

Anyways, thanks for the good news!

Edited by GU-11

You'll be walking a minefield... just like with the VF-0S toys. Preorder it from someone you know is currently sold out.

Hold up I thought the VF-0S figures have been fixed since the Ghost Booster release. It shouldn't a mine field anymore unless you get it from some random guy on ebay who could have some of the original floppy releases.

Sure, they're less of a minefield now, but they were fixed reissues done in exactly the same packaging of the crappy toys and the occasional person may still get burned by that. It will most likely be exactly the same scenario here.

Well, then I guess the best thing to do is to just hold onto my pre-order. If the store owner I'm pre-ordering from actually had the foresight to reject the batch of faulty GBP-1 sets and wait for the reissues (he DID mention the delay was due to "issues" with the figures), then I guess my pre-order should be among the reissues.