Rate these anime shows

polyphony??? There's only one acceptable form of music and that is monophony. Polyphony is the work of the devil.

The ONLY beat worth dancing to is the beat of the human heart. Everything else is just noise!

Taksraven

It's funny we're juxtaposing cellular structure with Carl Sagan, as his wife, Dr. Lynn Margulis, was the first to suggest that advanced eukaryotic cells came into being when a bunch of prokaryotes "ate" smaller prokaryotes - but instead of being digested they entered into a symbiotic relationship. And thus advanced organelles like Mitochondria were born, and it also explains why DNA is not limited to the nucleus of the cell but can be found in Mitochondria as well.

Back on topic, I fear for the lifespan of this thread, so here we go:

ibtl.gif

It's funny we're juxtaposing cellular structure with Carl Sagan, as his wife, Dr. Lynn Margulis, was the first to suggest that advanced eukaryotic cells came into being when a bunch of prokaryotes "ate" smaller prokaryotes - but instead of being digested they entered into a symbiotic relationship. And thus advanced organelles like Mitochondria were born, and it also explains why DNA is not limited to the nucleus of the cell but can be found in Mitochondria as well.

Back on topic, I fear for the lifespan of this thread, so here we go:

right, and mitochondrial DNA is not the same as the DNA in the rest of the cell.

A really interesting animal is the blue bottle jellyfish. It's born from a single egg but it's really 3 distinct organisms that work in a symbiotic fashion to keep the whole thing going.

oh, and uhm, yeah, macross frontier is really good. rest, crap.

I've always found it amusing that, at least here in the States, anime is treated as a genre unto itself. It seems that there are a lot of people who simply say that they love anime and will watch pretty much any anime as if Midori no Hibi and Z Gundam were functionally equivalent by virtue of having been made in Japan.

You want me to offer my advice on how to pick a good anime? Check to see if there are any giant robots in it. If there are, you're set.