Final Fantasy X-2

Akilae

The only true RPG I beat was Final Fantasy VII, I might pick up FFX since it's on the Greatest Hits list. But, I'd much rather get SOCOM II or Smackdown: HCTP first.

But.....FFX-2 sure does look yummy. B))

I'm interested in hearing about it as well. Honestly I'm going to pass on it. Just something about the game that really doesn't make me want to go out and get it. FFX gave me that feeling as well. Final Fantasy 9 was the last Final Fantasy that I really enjoyed. Still need to pick up FFTA. I just don't feel like playing a game where the only three characters I can play as are a couple of pop girl singers with a serious dress up problem.

Edited by Effect

so when was the initial release date on this? I haven't heard anything about it. I guess I've been out of it lately. Oh well! But I will be picking this up for sure! :p:D:lol:

so when was the initial release date on this? I haven't heard anything about it. I guess I've been out of it lately. Oh well! But I will be picking this up for sure! :p:D:lol:

The US version came out today actually, I only knew about it when I saw all those boxes stacked behind the counter.

You can get the little ten or fifteen minute short from the Japanese FFX International Version on a demo disc from the December issue of Playstation Magazine.... might be hard to find now.

I went by Best Buy today to pick it up, but the guy told me that they wouldn't be getting it in until the 20th due to distribution errors....

I was pissed.

I might drop by Target tomorrow and see if they have it....

love those pop girl singers :p

not a bad game at least...

what the difference between US and JAP version of FFX-2 international? the US ver don't have LAST MISSION?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the US version doesn't have the Last mission from the International version.

BTW, probably want to take those pics out of your sig before a Mod gets to it. Pics in sigs are a no-no.

Getting it tomorrow, have only played the (short) demo so far. In a word, fast. The new ATB is *damn* fast. First button-mashing-required RPG. My current initial strategy: have everyone a warrior.

Quick review of stuff: most special attacks, magic, etc take too much time. (Though they do high damage--I'm guessing they're only intended for boss fights, as you can take on average monsters just by whacking them). Hack and slash. (Or shoot, guns do a lot of damage). If you plan on casting magic, better already have someone a mage before you get into battle. Battles are fast and intense. FFX had very short battles (a good thing), these are far shorter. Nobody's lasted through the 2nd round.

Isn't that the truth....

The screen gets very busy.... you're hitting one button to keep your gunplay going, and another button to assign attacks and the like, while trying to keep an eye on what is actually happening on the screen... it is most certainly fast....

Love your .sig, David... almost used that one myself on another forum....