A new Macross Podcast

Robelwell202

Well, here goes...

I'm starting an amateur podcast for Macross, and the introductory episode starts this coming Saturday, 1/16/10 at 3PM Pacific Time.

Understand, I am a fan only, and am in no way an expert on anything. I'm inviting everyone to participate, because as a fan, I would like the chance to openly discuss this great series, and learn from other folks, and have a damn good time doing it, too.

It's titled 'Macross Fan'. Registration to Talkshoe is a must, since I've rated it for listeners of age 18 and older.

Thanks, folks, and I hope to see you there!

Good luck.

BTW, (for future talks ofcource) any chance that you might reconsider changing the rating to include those under 18? Especially for fans that will enjoy Macross?

Right now, the primary reason for the 18+ rating is to prevent anonymous guests from sowing up. AS this thing goes on, and I get more information on how Talkshoe operates, I might find a way of doing that wihtout the 18+ rating, and then it'll make te show more accessible.

Considering the fact that I, myself, slip into a bit of profanity once in a while, I am sure that there are others out there who might, too, so I'm covering my tail with the rating, for right now.

Talkshoe suuuuucks but good luck on your show nonetheless. Be prepared for lunatics to show.

This is only a trial show, to be honest... Talkshoe might not fit the bill, and if that's the case, I'll move it to another venue, is there's enough of a demand for it. I'm just trying the idea out, really.

As far as lunatics, I kind of expect them. I'll do my best to keep a lid on it, though.

Thanks for the good-luck wishes! B))

And so, the first episode is in the books!

Overall, I'm split over the results.

The idea, it seems, is sound, and I'm throwing out my thanks to Chillyche for showing up! Thank you, sir!

However, the audio of Talkshoe suffers a great deal. Yes, I know there were warnings about the quality, but hey, I had to start somewhere, right? Well, the decision's been made to move to another venue, and as soon as I find a place that works for me, I'll let everyone know.

And, as the show's intended to be an open-discussion deal, I hope that more folks show up. The invite's open.

Thanks again, folks!

Now you see what I was talking about. :) Just have people meet on skype and have everyone record their own end of the conversation with some audio recording software. Audacity is free and works. Then get everyone to send you their end of the recording and combine it in software. You'll get way better results. Talkshoe sucks.

Not yet, JasonC. I've removed all aspects of the show from Talkshoe, and I'm looking into Ustream as an alternate, and it looks to be fairly good.

When I've decided on a place, I'll post a link, though. Thanks for the interest!

B))

I'm in the process of putting something similar together and have also checked out Ustream. It looks good but seems a bit tricky but it also looks like there are some really good functions that can be used.

I check Ustream out for a little while, tonight, and it seemed pretty solid. I didn't have FlashPlayer installed, so the chat was being difficult. Also, I wouldn't want to do a vid-cast, so Ustream's audio-only option seems to be a bit better.

The other option I have to look into is weather or not I can get other voices involved in the show. If I can, then Ustream might be the new show place.

I'll let you know.

ARGH!!!

Ustream's a bust...

There's no way for folks to talk.

I'm going to try finding an alternate service, and get someting going. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to set something up for tomorrow, but if I can't, I'll post when I can get a new podcast started.

Sorry, folks... I'll do what I can, when I can.

Let us know if you get something going. I am going to a party with a group of Macross/Robotech fans, and a few of us will be interested in hearing it. If you're interested, we're meeting up around 2p.m. pst. If you're in socal area, pm me, and I'll give you my cell number so we can coordinate when your podcast will start. We'd like to listen in.

I'm in the process of putting something similar together and have also checked out Ustream. It looks good but seems a bit tricky but it also looks like there are some really good functions that can be used.

Save, keep me updated. Still interested in working on this with you.

Oh, this is frustrating...

I am having a very difficult time finding a place to host the show, someplace with the same multi-talk capabilities as Talkshoe...

I'm not finding any, right now, so until I can, I've got to put the show on indefinite haiatus... Sorry.

If anyone has a suggestion for a site to look at, I'm all ears.

Oh, this is frustrating...

I am having a very difficult time finding a place to host the show, someplace with the same multi-talk capabilities as Talkshoe...

I'm not finding any, right now, so until I can, I've got to put the show on indefinite haiatus... Sorry.

If anyone has a suggestion for a site to look at, I'm all ears.

Back in the day, I was one of the voices on Gameshout radio. I can tell you that you don't need any milti-talk capabilities. You just need to set it up to use your "What you hear" or "Stereo Mix" as your output to the server. Then you host a ventrilo server, as admin you can make a 'on air' room. Works best with a second computer. First one is in the room transmitting anything it hears, and it should not be moved. You use the second computer to join, and speak. You'll be able to have as many people in at once as you wish. Set up a chatroom in IRC to get feedback from the listeners.

Too easy :p

since this is a thread for podcasts, i have a question.

I've just started listening to Destroy all Podcasts' Macross shows and really enjoyed them. Anyone have any other podcasts that cover a lot of Macross?

MAHQ/Gundamn podcasts cover a lot.

Well, folks... My search for an alternate service is a bust, complete and total.

So, since I've seen a bit of interest in the idea, I'm going to go back to Talkshoe and suffer through the bad audio quality.

So, I'll be restarting the show, and I think the next show will be Tomorrow, at 3pm Eastern time.

Your interest demands that I act upon it, and so far, this is the best option.

I hope to see you there!