Bandai stands & Yamato valks...

Stemp Fester

Today much to my surprise I found a shop that sells the "Bandai Action Base 1" stands... cheap too at $12 each... I know some of you here use them with your Yamato valks, but I don't know if this involves modding the stand at all or how to go about it if it does... I'm planning on using these with 1/48 valks if that matters.

If they do the job I'll grab a few, especially now that the Yamato launch-arm style stands have been discontinued :angry:

Thanks B))

I use them with my 1/60 valks... and while it does a pretty acceptable job, but definitely not the most stable.... the 1/60 v 2 with fast/strike packs are pretty much the limit to what the the stand can support. any thing bigger than the 1/60 VF-1s will be pretty too heavy.

1/48 will be too heavy IMO. You might be able to put the plain jane versions on, but even that will be really pushing it as far as stability goes.. 1/48 with FPs? Too heavy.

Having said that, I wonder why Yamato still keep including the stand clips or whatever you call them along with each release?

The official Yamato stand is out of stock or backordered, then what for they include these clips since it is not universal and work with other stands as well?

They might have just included some better accessary with those amount of plastic like maintenance crews, ladder, pilot seats for battroid mode as seen in wonderfest limited release, rescue pods, side covers, or even another pair of fists for dyrl release?

wtf yamato?

Having said that, I wonder why Yamato still keep including the stand clips or whatever you call them along with each release?

The official Yamato stand is out of stock or backordered, then what for they include these clips since it is not universal and work with other stands as well?

They might have just included some better accessary with those amount of plastic like maintenance crews, ladder, pilot seats for battroid mode as seen in wonderfest limited release, rescue pods, side covers, or even another pair of fists for dyrl release?

wtf yamato?

?

The stands that work with all the current 1/60's are still plenty available:

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT34696

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT34698

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT34700

Every toy released since they stopped making the old launch arm has come with adapters for these stands.

?

The stands that work with all the current 1/60's are still plenty available:

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT34696

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT34698

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT34700

Every toy released since they stopped making the old launch arm has come with adapters for these stands.

Actually, as far as the clear Yamato stands, HLJ has been out for at least a few months. It used to say Aug restock and they changed it. I've been wanting to get at least one and can't seem to find a place that has them in stock.

I agree they should have included something else though. Keep the clips with the stands or sell a clip pack. I doubt there will be to many people that will buy a stand for EVERY one of their Valks as opposed to having another part like side covers instead.

Edited by Rabidweezil

Actually, as far as the clear Yamato stands, HLJ has been out for at least a few months. It used to say Aug restock and they changed it. I've been wanting to get at least one and can't seem to find a place that has them in stock.

I agree they should have included something else though. Keep the clips with the stands or sell a clip pack. I doubt there will be to many people that will buy a stand for EVERY one of their Valks as opposed to having another part like side covers instead.

That pretty much sums up the whole point of it.

Why include the clips in each valkyrie release when you don't have a stand that comes with the toy like yf-21? Clips should come in the stands and give us some side covers, extra fists, etc instead.

That pretty much sums up the whole point of it.

Why include the clips in each valkyrie release when you don't have a stand that comes with the toy like yf-21? Clips should come in the stands and give us some side covers, extra fists, etc instead.

but there are at least 5 different VF lines with 3 unique clips per design... makes far more sense to do it the way they are.

edit:: As in, what happens when they release the new VF design that Graham has mentioned? Or just a new toy line in general? Those stands work with more toys than just yamato's VF line.

And I don't know why you're bring in a discussion on accessories into this.

Edited by eugimon

but there are at least 5 different VF lines with 3 unique clips per design... makes far more sense to do it the way they are.

edit:: As in, what happens when they release the new VF design that Graham has mentioned? Or just a new toy line in general? Those stands work with more toys than just yamato's VF line.

And I don't know why you're bring in a discussion on accessories into this.

I'm sorry it kinda off topic but I was thinking about that when I saw OP was talking about stands.

The battroid clips seems fine, but the fighter clip is PITA to remove and I only used it once and I swear I won't do that anymore. Imagine the clip is simply stuck in there, the head is blocking your way and the legs are securely attached which make you almost impossible to remove the clip.

Most of the Yamato stands were out of stock for a while and I find it useless to have these clips and will rather have much useful things like I mentioned earlier.

If I do have to place the valkyrie on a stand, flexistand will be my choice.

Okay... but think about it. Say Yamato does it your way and includes some 45 odd clips with their stands... any future toy that comes out is going to have to include their own clips anyways so we're back to square one.

and now the stand cost 50%-75% more because of the giant bag of adapters it now comes with. (of which you're only going to use a couple of anyways.)