3d Regult needed bad!

Dante74

Hey everybody,

I'm working on a CG project and need a hi poly 3d model of a Regult to finish it. I'd make one myself but I have absolutely no 3d modelling skills.

a .max file would be preffered but a .3ds file will do too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Check my avatar for a little preview of the project. B))

Edited by Dante74

Wish I could help but I'm a complete iliterate when it comes to 3D modelling :ph34r:

Your project is shaping to be great though!!!

Thanks buddy! I'm going for complete photorealism, it's still far from finished though.

hey dante check turbosquid they might have one. www.turbosquid.com ifnot then i will see what i have on file that might be made better into a higher quality.

I searched everywhere, even google warehouse. :wacko: There are plenty of invid models but no regults anywhere. :(

I you could help out that would be great!

It's an awesome model with great textures. The render, though, the lighting is somewhat off. You'll notice the shadows on the vehicles are almost directly underneath the vehicles, indicating that the sun is nearly directly overhead, but the Valk's shadow is cast fairly far off to the side, indicating a differing light source. Also, as far as contrast ratios, go, there doesn't seem to be a strong sense of fill or bounce light coming from the ground in the background plate, but the model's underside shadows are fairly well filled. A couple of adjustments to the lighting rig, and you'll produce a far more convincing effect.

But I'm totally jealous of that model. Is it transformable? Who's the original author?

Actually, you'll notice a slight shadow to the right of the bus. I didn't add that, it's in the original picture.

Thanks for the advice on the lighting though. I rushed the lighting a bit (just a mr daylight system) and didn't have too much time for good post work.

I got the model from MW member scott8539. It's not transformable.

It's an awesome model with great textures. The render, though, the lighting is somewhat off. You'll notice the shadows on the vehicles are almost directly underneath the vehicles, indicating that the sun is nearly directly overhead, but the Valk's shadow is cast fairly far off to the side, indicating a differing light source. Also, as far as contrast ratios, go, there doesn't seem to be a strong sense of fill or bounce light coming from the ground in the background plate, but the model's underside shadows are fairly well filled. A couple of adjustments to the lighting rig, and you'll produce a far more convincing effect.

But I'm totally jealous of that model. Is it transformable? Who's the original author?

Actually, you'll notice a slight shadow to the right of the bus. I didn't add that, it's in the original picture.

Thanks for the advice on the lighting though. I rushed the lighting a bit (just a mr daylight system) and didn't have too much time for good post work.

I got the model from MW member scott8539. It's not transformable.

You're right. The channel between the buildings in the intersection is letting much more angular light in. MY BAD. I was looking at all the stuff BEHIND the intersection, where of course the buildings block the steeper angled light. And since it's somewhat overcast, it's not as obvious. In this case, your lighting direction is actually spot on, it's just a matter adjusting contrast ratio. But, yeah, I mean, the stuff I'm working on is all not even remotely photorealistic, so, its pretty easy for me to sit back and pick at your lighting design, since I'm trying like hell to avoid some of the more intensive/complicated lighting challenges.

Still, it looks cool.