Official Minmay Guard Thread =)

Kicker773

Cool deal that you guys can appreciate the MG as I do, but the praise goes to Kurt. This guy's a beast when it comes to doing custom work. As far as the "background" goes, all the credit goes to ron5864. Futher praise goes to Ron for having the guts to build the diorama and then mail it halfway across the country. The dio didn't make it in one piece thanks to the USPS, but putting it back together was simple and fun. It's turned out to be a gem in my Macross collection. It's my sincerest hope to see Kurt and Ron remain a part of the forums and continue to do custom work for members here. Being the 1/48 junkie I am, I have a few more customs I want before I concentrate my focus on collecting the v2 1/60's. :unsure:

Fighting back the man-tears as I admire those photos.... A work of art.

BTW, pardon my ignorance, but is the Minmay guard a "canon" VF (in the sense that it actually appeared in a Macross movie/series), or is it like the YF-19 DN and BoP, where the manufacturing company just cooked up an idea for a new product?

Fighting back the man-tears as I admire those photos.... A work of art.

BTW, pardon my ignorance, but is the Minmay guard a "canon" VF (in the sense that it actually appeared in a Macross movie/series), or is it like the YF-19 DN and BoP, where the manufacturing company just cooked up an idea for a new product?

I think MG started from Hasegawa, I could be wrong.

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSG65768

wsc04_08.jpg

I think MG started from Hasegawa, I could be wrong.

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSG65768

wsc04_08.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, man!

Looks sweet. I'm tempted to buy that Hasegawa kit and build my very own Minmay Guard, right now. Don't have the confidence or skills for a mod/customization, but a model kit, I can still handle.

Edited by GU-11

Thanks for the heads up, man!

Looks sweet. I'm tempted to buy that Hasegawa kit and build my very own Minmay Guard, right now. Don't have the confidence or skills for a mod/customization, but a model kit, I can still handle.

Get it before HLJ sold out, it was backordered for quite a while......

More poisons...

wsc04_10.jpg

wsc04_11.jpg

wsc04_12.jpg

wsc04_13.jpg

Cool deal that you guys can appreciate the MG as I do, but the praise goes to Kurt. This guy's a beast when it comes to doing custom work. As far as the "background" goes, all the credit goes to ron5864. Futher praise goes to Ron for having the guts to build the diorama and then mail it halfway across the country. The dio didn't make it in one piece thanks to the USPS, but putting it back together was simple and fun. It's turned out to be a gem in my Macross collection. It's my sincerest hope to see Kurt and Ron remain a part of the forums and continue to do custom work for members here. Being the 1/48 junkie I am, I have a few more customs I want before I concentrate my focus on collecting the v2 1/60's. :unsure:

Hey, Corey. Would it be asking too much for you to take some pictures with both your MGs for us to drool over? Seeing your Paris Act is what got me hooked on getting a pair of MGs in the first place, and I'm almost half way there! Besides, I don't think anyone has both MGs done up by Kurt, so that would be a real treat to see them both together with your photographic talents.

Get it before HLJ sold out, it was backordered for quite a while......

More poisons...

wsc04_10.jpg

wsc04_11.jpg

wsc04_12.jpg

wsc04_13.jpg

Aw dude, you just HAD to show me those pics, didn't you? :p

Sadly, I'm gonna have to take a rain check on the MG, seeing how the Japanese Yen has risen to an all-time high recently. Damn, and there's still the YF-19, fold booster pack and TV Kakizaki! Hope the yen comes back down in time for HLJ's next sale! :ph34r:

:ph34r:

Hey, Corey. Would it be asking too much for you to take some pictures with both your MGs for us to drool over? Seeing your Paris Act is what got me hooked on getting a pair of MGs in the first place, and I'm almost half way there! Besides, I don't think anyone has both MGs done up by Kurt, so that would be a real treat to see them both together with your photographic talents.

Not asking too much man, but it's impossible. When I first got into photography I ended up selling my Paris Act MG to cover the cost of a new lens. It was an awesome custom by Kurt, but the decals I came across to have it done at the time did not include the decals for the RMS-1 missiles so I was never really happy with it. Just by luck I happed up on another set. I actually have them up for sale in the for sale thread, but since getting this in my possession there is no way I am selling those decals :lol:! I am actively looking for another VF-1S in hopes of having Kurt complete another so that I can have a matching custom pair done by him.

With Kicker snickering over there, I think he's up to something so I think we'll be seeing a really nice treat soon. Give us a hint of what you've got working over there Kick! :unsure::ph34r:

i have a few silly question. in what movie do the minmay guard appear? and also the same question with the thunder hammer.. coz i never see this varian armored before..

If I am not mistaken I think they were both featured in Model Graphics magazine. They can be viewed in the gallery I think. I wish I could get copies of both mag covers. Anybody know where I might find these?

sample1.jpg

What's that hanging in the background man? Looks a bit like a Thunder Hammer...got me thinking since you've been dealing over in Vermillion's thread where he has a kit for sale... :unsure:

Speaking of decals, does anybody know of a MG Moon Act set for sale?

Good luck with that man. If there are any out there I imagine they are holding on to them. The Paris Act I had for sale was marked waaaaayyyy up. It was the only way I could see myself making me part with them. Boy am I glad that they didn't sell. :)

This thread is so enticing... and I have a bunch of extra 1/48s and FPs... lol. I think my FP's are officially off the market. I think with a combination of paint and printable decals the Minmay Guard is doable... challenging but doable.

Hehehe indeed.. congrats Old Man =)

Thanks Kicker! It feels great to finally be part of the squad. I must have done something right in the past because I've been one lucky guy. The cool thing is, it's only half the story, but more on that in the future. I can't take any credit though. It all goes to Kurt. He's one amazing customizer, and a heck of a nice guy to boot.

That goes double for Anasazi (Devin). His decals are AMAZING!

Edited by Old Man

• 2 weeks later...