Yamato VF1s, which one is most accurate?

dante144

The 1/48 line is done. Unless yamato has plans for 2-seater 1/48s (which wont happen unless Graham's contact tells him otherwise) It makes more economical sense that Yamato move over to the 1/60 line and continue. 1/60 v2 line is getting to be popular as it is anime accurate.

For the record, I am happy with both lines but I am more partial to the 1/48s. As I stated before I like the realism in the 1/48. Anime accurate 1/60 v2 seems to be cartoony but hence why it is anime accurate. I pick up the 1/60s for the 2-seaters.

I agreed with u man. Still love my 1/48s

I think the weathered 1J was a 1/60, as for the Kakizaki I thought that was already out.

There's one of those also... but there have been no less than two promo shots of a weathered 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru as part of the Macross Chronicles deal.

I hope not, I wouldn't mind buying more exclusives (just not the weathered versions).

Graham had stated in the past that Yamato was done with the 1/48 line and to this day they're still making repaints. Go Yamato!

Who is Graham?

I think the only thing that the 1/48 has over the 1/60 is the apparent in size! That is really it!!

I love the following in the 1/60 v2:

1. Material construction

2. Orange tinted canopy

3. Adjustable fender

4. The die-cast at the intake ledge

5. Solidity/ sturdiness

6. The degree of anime accuracy (especially battroid mode)

7. The arm turns a near 180 degree

8. Tampo paint

I'd say rainbow tint effect, it's not orange. It's real life accurate that real world canopy does has UV coat. The V2 does has better construction over 1/48, all parts are snapped together flushly.