Tenjin Hidetaka Art Works of Macross

GGemini

During lunchtime I found the book "Tenjin Hidetaka Art Works of Macross" in Kinokuniya, but I noticed it had something added around the cover that said Macross F.

Since the books are shrinkwrapped, I couldn't check if it's a new version of just a way to link it to Macross F for sales purposes... does anybody have any info about this?

Doubtful that it'd be reprinted.

It's most likely saying that it's related to Macross Frontier (has the VF-1, like as seen in MF).

Just did a search (string: バルキリーズ:天神英貴マクロス画集 ) and all the images that popped up are unchanged.

You're user stats says that you're in Singapore - was the additional cover stuff in Japanese, or Chinese?

It's most likely saying that it's related to Macross Frontier (has the VF-1, like as seen in MF).

Just did a search (string: バルキリーズ:天神英貴マクロス画集 ) and all the images that popped up are unchanged.

You're user stats says that you're in Singapore - was the additional cover stuff in Japanese, or Chinese?

They really need to do a Valkyries 2. He has done a whole pile of new kit boxes, some of them are seriously awesome, the Moon Shooters VF-22 for example.

Yup, did the search too and got the same results. I'll see if I can take a pic of it today. The additional cover stuff is in Japanese... import sold in Kinokuniya :)

And I agree, an updated / vol. 2 version is needed butmaybe they're waiting to include the illustrations in Macross Chronicles...

Right now, there's probably not enough to fill an entire book. We'll have to wait another year or two - perhaps when the lion's share of Macross Chronicle is completed.

Of course, there's another angle to consider: how well did the original sell? I bought mine when it first came out, 4 years ago. If they're still selling new (as in previously unowned) copies, and there hasn't been a second print run, it means the prospect of a second book are slim.

Compare this to Shoji Kawamori Macross Design Works, which basically sold out within the first half a year, or a year.

(My sales barometer is first hand experience. I still come across the book titled in this thread on occasion. Not often, but it's still on the shelves. Shoji Kawamori Macross Design Works? Saw that all of once in 5.5+ years of living here (in Japan). I eventually had to order it from an online retailer, and I'm not entirely certain if I got a "used" or "new" copy. Bbut that's another story.)

Pictures would be good. Post, and I'll see if I can whip out a translation.

Thx! Here are 3 pics I managed to take:

So they wrapped the print with the wrap-around.... I think it's a reprint to market with Frontier.

looks pretty sweet,id love to see whats inside :)

The book has been out for quite a while now. 2005 to be exact. You can find it on Ebay or here:

http://www.hlj.com/product/KOB90124

or at a Kinokuniya.

So they wrapped the print with the wrap-around.... I think it's a reprint to market with Frontier.

The book has been out for quite a while now. 2005 to be exact. You can find it on Ebay or here:

http://www.hlj.com/product/KOB90124

or at a Kinokuniya.

I'd have to agree with Azreal there. With all the re-issues associated with MF and how hot the merchandizing is for the series, it's most likely a reprint with a new cover too sell to the latest generation of Macross fans.

最新作「マクロスf」でもメカニカルアートを担当

If I'm not mistaken, translates as "also in-charge of the mechanical art of the latest production "Macross F".

The rest of the text, which isn't on the original release (unless I've lost that... which would be extremely unusual), says stuff along the lines of "started from SDF:M, the world of Tenjin Hidetaka's aeroplane illustrations".

Edited by sketchley

最新作「マクロスf」でもメカニカルアートを担当

If I'm not mistaken, translates as "also in-charge of the mechanical art of the latest production "Macross F".

The rest of the text, which isn't on the original release (unless I've lost that... which would be extremely unusual), says stuff along the lines of "started from SDF:M, the world of Tenjin Hidetaka's aeroplane illustrations".

Perfect, thx. So it's nothing more than a marketing ploy. I guess we'll have to wait and see if we ever get a "Macross Chronicle Illustration" book like the one that was released for Evangelion Chronicles.

Perfect, thx. So it's nothing more than a marketing ploy. I guess we'll have to wait and see if we ever get a "Macross Chronicle Illustration" book like the one that was released for Evangelion Chronicles.

I forget the term, but you can tell in the pics that it has that 1/3-size-of-a-cover wrap-around on it. So I'm pretty sure it's a reprint for Frontier.