Denversaur's Hasegawa Gallery 1st Posting

denversaur

Hello Everyone,

I've been a long-time fan of Macross World but I've never actually posted any of my works here. I love the 1/72 Hasegawa stuff and present to you a gallery of my favorite projects! Please let me know if you have any question or comments!

-Greg

angelbirdsvf1a1.jpg

Angel Birds VF-1A Fighter Valkyrie

minmayguardfighter3.jpg

minmayguardfighter2.jpg

Minmay Guard VF-1S Fighter Valkyrie

VF22Sa1.jpg

Max VF-22S (with customized figure and reactor bombs)

VF1Jhikaru2.jpg

VF-1J Hikaru Special (Macross TV)

vf1sStrikenew1b.jpg

vf1sStrikenew1c.jpg

VF-1S Strike Valkyrie Roy Focker Special with Custom Display Base

macrosszerof14.jpg

macrosszerof14a1.jpg

Macross Zero F-14 UN Spacy Version

VF1SHikaru4.jpg

VF-1S Hikaru Special (Macross: Ai Oboete Imasuka)

Some out standing work there. I think that the first Macross F14 build I have seen.

I like your stands too they look the part.

Did you scratch build the launch arm or was it a garage kit ?

Thank you for the kind words. The launch arm was a scratchbuild. I used a combination of styrene, brass tubing, and kitbashed parts to build it. It required some reinforcing of the super pack / backpack structure on the Valkyrie to display it at that angle.

-Greg

Some out standing work there. I think that the first Macross F14 build I have seen.

I like your stands too they look the part.

Did you scratch build the launch arm or was it a garage kit ?

WOW! Gorgeous work mate, the Angel Bird came out really nice! I love the way you have it displayed, it really brings it to life. I think my personal fave is the Minmay Guard, the scheme is a classic, but they require so much work that when they come out looking that good it really testifies to the care and patience that goes into it.

This is the kind of post which I look forwards to at Macross World.

Awesome work on every one of those builds, but I especially like the Minmei special. If you have any more pics of these, I'm sure we'd love to see them!

very impressive work denversaur!!! Wish I could say I like one model better than the other, but that is a really hard choice!! The F-14 is awesome, love the Minmey Guard and VF-22 is superb!! Even the stands are impressive. B))

• 5 weeks later...

Apologies for the late response. I missed the MiG-29...but here's more info on how I made the F-14. The Zero kit was identical to Hasegawa's low-res F-14, with Macross decals included. I used the pilot figures from the VF-0D (the F-14 only included contemporary figures) and added details to both the figures and cockpit to match the design from the animation. It took a little work to get the pilots to fit properly, but I was pleased with the result. Thanks for your question. -Greg

Amazing! I like the F-14-- we don't see much M0 builds. Did you do the MiG-29 as well?

Apologies for the late response. I missed the MiG-29...but here's more info on how I made the F-14. The Zero kit was identical to Hasegawa's low-res F-14, with Macross decals included. I used the pilot figures from the VF-0D (the F-14 only included contemporary figures) and added details to both the figures and cockpit to match the design from the animation. It took a little work to get the pilots to fit properly, but I was pleased with the result. Thanks for your question. -Greg

WOW! Amazing work mate! To have your skill would be such a gift. Those are all so beutiful. Keep up the good work and keep sharing. ^_^

The launch arm was constructed with a combination of styrene pieces and brass tubing. I used brass (as its rigid) to prevent the arm from swaying when someone would walk by the display shelf. I photographed the fighter from two different angles--but the actual angle at which its displayed is about 90 degrees.

To reinforce the booster pack, I ran two aluminum tubes from the rear "backpack" thruster module into the fuselage. And used lots of epoxy on the inside.

To connect the grasping mechanism to the fast packs, I ran straight pins through the "fingers" into the fast packs on either side. To do this, I heated the sharp end of the pins with a lighter, and grasping the pins with plyers, forced them through. It was tricky, but I did not think that glue alone would sufficiently hold the weight of the Super Valkyrie.

Thank you for your kind words. -Greg

Those look great. I also like the lauch arm. I'd love to know what you did the booster pack. Its very convincing. The F-14 looks cool as well. Nice bases!

Thank you. Pics of my VF-25S went up today. -Greg

This is the kind of post which I look forwards to at Macross World.

Awesome work on every one of those builds, but I especially like the Minmei special. If you have any more pics of these, I'm sure we'd love to see them!

I made the F-14. The Zero kit was identical to Hasegawa's low-res F-14, with Macross decals included.

I noticed that I have that same F-14 kit now if someone wants to send a scan of the macross decals :)

I also have the MiG 29 kit that they used too.